Sales Compensation Tracking

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

I did a search and could not find anything pertaining to setting up tracking of sales compensation/commissions. I understand that as of this moment I am using the FREE CRM tool. But as I setup HubSpot CRM with designs to move us to HubSpot Sales once our existing license is expired, I want to setup our deals now to allow us to properly track and report commissionable metrics from the CRM each month. How are salespeople commissions tracked currently in the CRM?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

We don't offer this feature in our CRM or in our paid Sales tools.  I'll forward your recommendation to our Product Manager for CRM.

Regards,

Andrew Rodwin

12 Replies 12
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

We don't offer this feature in our CRM or in our paid Sales tools.  I'll forward your recommendation to our Product Manager for CRM.

Regards,

Andrew Rodwin

New Contributor

BUMP THIS PLS!  Super key.

Community Manager

Hello @Shred_XJ2@pushpress_dan you can also search, vote and/or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

New Contributor

This is very important, especially if an organization is seeking to move off of another CRM (Salesforce, Sugar, etc.) and your current proposal integration partners (PandaDoc, Proposify) don't support this either so there's a big hole in the process of closing deals.  If organizations can't view deal data such as profit from a successful deal then salespeople can't be paid commission.  

Thanks! 

Bret Peters
Fig Leaf | www.figleaf.com

0 Upvotes
New Contributor
I would like to know if this request was completed?
New Contributor

Hey, 

So I was able to add in a metric at the stage when the deal is closed to input the commission amount. 

I added this to deals properties. And made it one of the questions it asks me as I move the deal stage to won.

You then can add it to the table view of deal stages by adding that property's column. 

So I can track all of my upfront commission and longer term commission via these questions that are asked as the deal stage is won. 

So all I have to do is click the filter "deals won this month" and in the table view will be able to view all my commission for that month or time pierod selected. 

I hope that helps. It was super helpful to me to be able to keep track of that. 

--

Zachary Mosby

Thanks for your response Zachary. I tried it and now using it to track commission. Quick question-how did you link it to trigger when the deal closed? Can't seem to figure out how to do that. 

Thanks a lot!

Divya

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi there. To accomplish that I am assuming you have to have an enterprice account and make used of the calculation property. Is that right? or you jsut did it from the sales hub?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

If you have a more complex commission plan (ex: with tiers, draws, caps, rollups, etc.), you may need a specialized solution. The solution we've developed (called Sales Cookie) integrates natively with HubSpot, so you can take full advantage of the HubSpot platform to handle your sales commissions.

New Contributor

Awesome thanks,  I am looking at the website, and I think this can be a great solution. I am scheduling a call with you guys.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

You are looking for commission automation software and specifically something that can integrate with Hubspot.  I am biased because I work for Spiff, but there are many other options for automated commission tracking and payouts.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Here is the link to Sales Cookie. As mentioned previously, this includes native support for HubSpot in order to calculate sales commissions. Plug in your API key and it will sync users and deals.

0 Upvotes