Tickets & Conversations

HEagle
Contributor

Receiving & Managing Voicemails from a Shared Inbox

SOLVE
We have recently switched over to Hubspot from our gmail inbox for our Customer Support operations. For the most part, this has gone very smoothly.
We are, however, having a hiccup with our Dialpad voicemail transcriptions.

Currently, all calls go to Dialpad and the caller is directed to leave a voicemail message.
This voicemail is then transcribed by dialpad and sent to us as an email.

This had worked just fine in our gmail inbox, but now in our Hubspot inbox, every single Dialpad call is logged under the same contact, "Voicemail@dialpad.com". and we are unable to properly sort these incoming calls nor easily correlate them with the correct contact (ie the caller).

I talked to both Hubspot and Dialpad support about the dialpad integration & I wasn't able to gather a confident answer from anyone, but it seems that this feature is intended for Sales Hub with individual inboxes. There doesn't seem to be a function to connect dialpad to a shared conversations inbox.

What options are available natively on Hubspot, with dialpad, or other integrations so that we can receive and organize voicemails in our shared Hubspot Inbox?

It seems that most voicemail/calling related integartions are focused on Sales use & only connect with individual accounts.

I feel like this is a bit of a miss on Hubspot's part, as receiving calls/voicemails is an integral part of most customer service teams & I would expect this to be available as a channel option like email, forms, FB messenger, etc.

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Great question and feedback @HEagle for sure. In my experience with HubSpot, the transcription tool is really only used in live calls, so I haven't had a need for transcribed VMs. We use HubSpot calling for that, and AirCall for calls, too. We used to use a messaging service which came in via emails, but did not automatically push into HubSpot. 

All that background to say that I personally haven't seen your use case, nor with clients I work with on a regular basis. I'd be curious if there's a workflow to create which captures at email from Dialpad, looks at the message content or caller, and looks for a Contact record to push it into. This might be a custom coded workflow option, so it would be an Operations Hub feature. But that's the only thing that comes to mind for me on the automated side of it. 

The other option I was thinking is just the manual task of copy & paste of the message into a contact record "logged call" function. Which isn't likely ideal. 

So from me, I don't think this is a current feature in HubSpot. Bummer, but that's my persective. 

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Hannah! So, I'm not anything close to being a developer. I know some great ones (where I work and others), but we haven't created content around them, so having a more detailed idea isn't up my sleeve. Sorry. 😔

However, a couple other partners in the ecosystem have published content on the custom-coded workflows, and I'd personally start there. 

There's also this GitHub resource that may help. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Great question and feedback @HEagle for sure. In my experience with HubSpot, the transcription tool is really only used in live calls, so I haven't had a need for transcribed VMs. We use HubSpot calling for that, and AirCall for calls, too. We used to use a messaging service which came in via emails, but did not automatically push into HubSpot. 

All that background to say that I personally haven't seen your use case, nor with clients I work with on a regular basis. I'd be curious if there's a workflow to create which captures at email from Dialpad, looks at the message content or caller, and looks for a Contact record to push it into. This might be a custom coded workflow option, so it would be an Operations Hub feature. But that's the only thing that comes to mind for me on the automated side of it. 

The other option I was thinking is just the manual task of copy & paste of the message into a contact record "logged call" function. Which isn't likely ideal. 

So from me, I don't think this is a current feature in HubSpot. Bummer, but that's my persective. 

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 😊 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
HEagle
Contributor

SOLVE

Dan,

Thank you for your insight and suggestions!
We do have Operations Hub Professional, so I believe the custom coded workflow could be possible. Do you have any resources or recomendations to share to help me explore this option more in depth?
I apprecaite anything you're willing to share, thanks again!

- Hannah

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Hannah! So, I'm not anything close to being a developer. I know some great ones (where I work and others), but we haven't created content around them, so having a more detailed idea isn't up my sleeve. Sorry. 😔

However, a couple other partners in the ecosystem have published content on the custom-coded workflows, and I'd personally start there. 

There's also this GitHub resource that may help. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
HEagle
Contributor

SOLVE

Dan,

Thank you again for your help with this issue, I wanted to give you an update.

Our web developer was able to create a custom coded workflow that looked into the body of the ticket, grabbed the phone number, added any matching contact associations, and removed the dialpad association from the ticket.

This was a major success!

Now our voicemails are associated with the correct contacts.

Thank you again for your help in getting us there!

CAntonson
Participant

SOLVE

Hey there, I have been searching for a solution to the same problem. We also use HubSpot and DialPad and this Custom Coded Workflow sounds perfect. Is there any way to share some tips or the workflow itself? Unfortunately I don't have a web developer to work on this. chad.antonson@mobilecarehealth.com

danmoyle

SOLVE

@HEagle tha'ts such great news! And thank you for being so thoughtful and sharing the update. That's just awesome of you. 😊 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HEagle,

Thanks for your feedback and for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to share their thoughts. 

Hi @jolle@christopher-RVO@danmoyle - Do you have any insight for @HEagle?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !