HubSpot Ideas

manoellaplytix

Multilevel categories

Adding another level to the subcategories would help keep information together and make the knowledge base easier to navigate.

Example:

1. Category (shown on help center home page)

a. Subcategory level 1 

i. Subcategory level 2

- article 1

- article 2

- article 3 ..... etc. 

1. Products

a. Product A 

i. Feature A

- articles related to feature A

ii. Feature B

- articles related to feature B

b. Product B..... etc. 

35 Replies
Marijke94
Participant

It would be great if there is a possibility to add more sub categories to the side bar/menu in the knowledge base. It will make it more easy to scroll through the articels (since there is no 'next' or 'previous' button either). 

Subcategories Knowledge base.png

When you are in an article, you have to go back to the overview, before you can go to the next article in the cateogory?

Knowledge_base2.png

Devin-P

Agree - I'd love to see this feature added. We have some sub-categories that only need one article, and it's not as easy for our users to navigate to those when they have to return to the page for the whole Category to reach them.

I'd like to see some breakout availability for sub-categories like this:

222.JPG

RyanLewis

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if anyone else thinks this functionality is a must but I certainly do. I am currently building a knowledge base for my companies website and have created the main categories and then added sub categories, i then need to categories these sub categories but there is no option or functionality to have a second lot of sub categories. I got in touch with the live chat to see if this was possible but they said it wasnt. They told me to suggest this in the forum and to try and gain up votes to get the developers to develop this.

If you have also had this issue please up vote so that we can get this developed asap 😃

Regards,

Ryan

TSon

Great idea, expanding the options of the Knowledge base would be highly preferable!

BIGray

Yes, I think this is very important for creating Knowledge Bases that are easier to navigate and are aesthetically pleasing

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, 

Commenting for a customer here

This is important to have when customer's knowledge base has a lot of content. Hope to see an update soon (:

swethas

Hi Team,

Yes, it is very important to have multiple categories for Knowledge Base. Hope to see an update soon 🙂

RMacAlmon

Ryan, I could not agree more. This is so needed

Ryan M.

RMacAlmon

@YiRui_Chua 
What are the guidelines for ideas, meaning when you product managers from Hubspot pick this up and prioritize in the roadmap?

FCaron

Please add this! Our company is really aiming for a solution like this!

TSon

Please build this, if we can't have this eventually we will move over to an other provider

NKhan0

We would really benefit from this - I think a lot of people would. It's so much more intuitive and easy to navigate a KB with tiered categories. 

FCaron

Can we get someone from Hubspot to look at this?

CGallagher

This is exactly what we need also. Will be a very interesting feature to be able to have multiple levels. 

FGalindo

Totally agree  🙏

IwanWillemsen
Contributor

We are currently completing our KB for our customers and partners. We deliver a process modeling tool as a SaaS application and we find that we are missing the multiple layers now. The subcategory is now very large with the content and we just miss that one extra level to bundle some questions/content.

On the other hand, we also think that customers should get to the right information with the fewest possible clicks. Our advice would be to limit it to 4 levels/ 4 clicks like @manoellaplytix   suggests: 

1. Category (shown on help center home page)

a. Subcategory level 1 

i. Subcategory level 2

- article 1

In order to help with finding the right article withing 4 clicks/ 30 sec. the following would be helpful:

+ exporting searchdata from the KB in order to optimize the keywords and article titles (still searching for the idea) 

+ connecting 1 article to multiple subcategories would also be helpful:  HubSpot Community - Knowledge Base Article - Multiple Categories - HubSpot Community

TInfo

Yes please

AGojdičová

Hello,

we need more levels of categories otherview we will have to switch provider.

Thanks

ArtemRomanovsky

A must-have feature!

KHardisty
Participant

Yes please on all of this! Would love to see following:

• Category 
    • Subcategory
      • Sub-subcategory
        • Article Title (Always show article titles, bolded and highlighted so it's easy to see where you are. Possibly truncate for UI purposes)