Associate custom objects with line items

Custom objects should be able to be associated with line items

12 Replies
JeffBantz
Contributor

Can you clarify "line items"?

TarynR
Participant | Elite Partner

It seems the association can be done but unfortunately doesnt work in the same way as the line itme association with deals. We would want to be able to:

• Add the line items when creating a custom object
  • Edit the line item and change how many of that line item 
roland_deshane
Participant

My Company has a use case where one of our custom objects needs to be associated with Line Items from a Deal. Would be great if we were able to create this type of association. As it stands, we're considering not using Line Items and instead replacing them with another custom object, which would give us the flexibility to associate them to any other object type we want. Downside of that is that there's a lot of great native functionality tied to Line Items that we'd lose. 

Jeremyhon

We have a similar use case where our customers want us to bill them via different entities, all under one deal. We want to be able to tag certain line items to certain entities (these can be Companies or Custom Objects, but Line Items doesn't handle either), so that we can correctly add and store this billing info within HubSpot, and generate the invoices from there.

Our current workaround is to use the API and a separate interface to associate line items with custom objects.

It has to be one deal because all of the contacts, meetings, notes is with the same decision maker(s), the only difference comes when we invoice them. 

jAIson

This would be handy for me too. I have Deals related to custom object (shipments) and these custom objects relate to (have) items that are shipping.

Roeland_RS
Participant

Same usecase as jAIson. Also need this. 

MrBean
Top Contributor

+1 Feels like a very critical functionality to have for products. I LOVE line items as a seperate object type and the potential I see in using them. 

But currently seems limiting that they are only associated with deals.

courtney_hickey
Contributor

My main use case is that I'd like line items to be associated at the company level for closed/won deals. Our CS team needs to be able to see all products our customers have purchased in one place (with a status of which items are active, so ability to change via workflow if upgraded/downgraded/subscriber quantity changed), not look through several deals to understand which items or versions have been purchased. Custom object association would be great, but association to native objects first!

RBekkers

Line items should not have a place at all in Hubspot if you cannot relate them to other objects.

I've build a whole solution only to realise that Line items only get associated to deals in the proper way. Please create this ASAP

HPatel31

Hi,

We are about to signup with Hubspot and I was wondering if this has been fixed or added to roadmap. 

HSpotter2412
Participant

Any update on this?

adamhopkins

+1