CRM

Shred_XJ2

Sales Compensation Tracking

SOLVE

I did a search and could not find anything pertaining to setting up tracking of sales compensation/commissions. I understand that as of this moment I am using the FREE CRM tool. But as I setup HubSpot CRM with designs to move us to HubSpot Sales once our existing license is expired, I want to setup our deals now to allow us to properly track and report commissionable metrics from the CRM each month. How are salespeople commissions tracked currently in the CRM?

1 Accepted solution
arodwin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi,

We don't offer this feature in our CRM or in our paid Sales tools.  I'll forward your recommendation to our Product Manager for CRM.

Regards,

Andrew Rodwin

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
dominicp
Participant

SOLVE

If it's just tracking, then custom fields on Deals would do the trick and you can even create custom report. Now if your commission structure requires cumulative / non-cumulative tiers, blended rates, commission splits, crediting rules, quota management, crediting rollups, etc. - then this is not going to be enough. When we built Sales Cookie, we asked ourselves if we could built all the logic within HubSpot and the answer was no. There are a lot of special features required to support most commission structures (even simple ones with a quota and a few attainment tiers).

0 Upvotes
JonDFreeman
Participant

SOLVE

I'm looking for a tool that will allow our commissions model to be implemented inside of Hubspot. There are a lot of plugins but I'm not sure any will do what I'm looking to do. Does anyone know of a resource that would let me review a bunch side by side? Any suggestions would be appreciated. - Jon

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JonDFreeman 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea and this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

I could also find these integrations that could be of help. 

Have a lovely day,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
PH1

SOLVE

Hi guys, was able to do that with this app in the marketplace: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/palettehq-235966

Hope this helps.

salescookie

SOLVE

Here is the link to Sales Cookie. As mentioned previously, this includes native support for HubSpot in order to calculate sales commissions. Plug in your API key and it will sync users and deals.

0 Upvotes
mathletetom

SOLVE

You are looking for commission automation software and specifically something that can integrate with Hubspot.  I am biased because I work for Spiff, but there are many other options for automated commission tracking and payouts.

0 Upvotes
salescookie

SOLVE

If you have a more complex commission plan (ex: with tiers, draws, caps, rollups, etc.), you may need a specialized solution. The solution we've developed (called Sales Cookie) integrates natively with HubSpot, so you can take full advantage of the HubSpot platform to handle your sales commissions.

RayM

SOLVE

Awesome thanks,  I am looking at the website, and I think this can be a great solution. I am scheduling a call with you guys.

0 Upvotes
zacharymosby
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, 

So I was able to add in a metric at the stage when the deal is closed to input the commission amount. 

I added this to deals properties. And made it one of the questions it asks me as I move the deal stage to won.

You then can add it to the table view of deal stages by adding that property's column. 

So I can track all of my upfront commission and longer term commission via these questions that are asked as the deal stage is won. 

So all I have to do is click the filter "deals won this month" and in the table view will be able to view all my commission for that month or time pierod selected. 

I hope that helps. It was super helpful to me to be able to keep track of that. 

--

Zachary Mosby

cesarmtz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there. To accomplish that I am assuming you have to have an enterprice account and make used of the calculation property. Is that right? or you jsut did it from the sales hub?

0 Upvotes
divyas

SOLVE

Thanks for your response Zachary. I tried it and now using it to track commission. Quick question-how did you link it to trigger when the deal closed? Can't seem to figure out how to do that. 

Thanks a lot!

Divya

0 Upvotes
arodwin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi,

We don't offer this feature in our CRM or in our paid Sales tools.  I'll forward your recommendation to our Product Manager for CRM.

Regards,

Andrew Rodwin

ColbeyRyan

SOLVE

This is still in high demand in 2021! Please escalate. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @ColbeyRyan , 

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

dominicp
Participant

SOLVE

Hi ColbeyRyan,

I believe one challenge is that most commission structures have specific concepts (ex: tiers, rates, splits, quota, attainment, etc.). I am referring to all the terminology here: https://salescommissionsexplained.com/2021/02/15/sales-commission-key-terminology-and-definitions

My vote would be for HubSpot to enable recording commission amounts per payee per Deal. This should be easy to accomplish without being commission-specific software.

pushpress_dan

SOLVE

BUMP THIS PLS!  Super key.

RSimpson

SOLVE

Please do add this. Really important to a sales org.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @Shred_XJ2@pushpress_dan you can also search, vote and/or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

RayM

SOLVE
I would like to know if this request was completed?
petersbret
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

This is very important, especially if an organization is seeking to move off of another CRM (Salesforce, Sugar, etc.) and your current proposal integration partners (PandaDoc, Proposify) don't support this either so there's a big hole in the process of closing deals.  If organizations can't view deal data such as profit from a successful deal then salespeople can't be paid commission.  

Thanks! 

Bret Peters
Fig Leaf | www.figleaf.com