HubSpot is not adding the lead per this setting “Create lead based on lifecycle stage.” I have tried several different ways to do this and nothing seems to work. I think it worked before but it doesn’t appear to be working now. Any suggestions?
@DavidSPW is there a specific contact record that became an SQL after this toggle was activated that you can confirm that wasn’t created as a lead?
If so, you’d need to report the bug with the beta feedback tool to reach the project team directly.
Thanks Jennifer. It happens on my account and my client accounts. It is no longer in beta.
@DavidSPW ah, you’re right, I just saw they updated from Beta to New - I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot Support so they can review it directly.
The accounts I checked are using MQL as the trigger and everything is working as expected.
I figured it out. I set the company stage but the lead automation only works with the contact stage. I was moving backwards so the contact stage was not being updated. It is working but they should make it so the company stage change also triggers the prospect. When selling B2B, you don’t always have a contact to prospect.
Ah, good point - for companies without contacts, you could use the Target Account tool instead of Prospecting which would help you to source and identify contacts for the companies you want to pursue, which could then become leads.
