Sales Integrations

AGluck

HubSpot and QuickBooks Desktop Integration Options?

SOLVE

I am looking to sync contacts from Quickbooks desktop to Hubspot, contacts only, it seems there is only expensive solutions which is not justifying for my use case of contacts only sync... any advice?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AGluck,

I have not come across an easy or inexpensive way to sync with Quickbooks Desktop. This might be one of those scenarios where you have to determine effort/expense vs impact of either investesting in the sync or considering a migration to QBO. I know that neither of those are easy decisions.

If anyone does have a great solution that helps @AGluck, I'd be happy to hear it!

Thank you for the ping @kvlschaefer ! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I'm with Josh on this.

Integrating a desktop on-premises app to a cloud app is a whole other story, compared with using various API or iPaaS solutions to sync between two cloud apps.

You need code that is going to have to be installed on a PC on-premises with secure access to the QB data files. If any support is needed, the devs are going to be using old-school remote access IT-support tools.

If it is something that you want to sync periodically, then as long as you can export the QB Enterprise contact records into a CSV - that could be fed into a cloud-based app to handle the HubSpot side (Zapier and many other ways to solve it)

It's the on-premises part that is a can of worms. Hence the cost blow-out.

cheers

Pete

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AGluck,

Thanks for reaching out!

I moved your reply to a new post to make sure it gets more visibility 🙂 

This is a great question! I wanted to share this related thread regarding the Desktop Sync Integration.

I also wanted to add our experts to this conversation to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @HubDoPete@MandyDROS, @Josh - Are you familiar with any alternatives to the Quickbooks Desktop Integration? Could this sync be accomplished with Zapier or another connector? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AGluck,

I have not come across an easy or inexpensive way to sync with Quickbooks Desktop. This might be one of those scenarios where you have to determine effort/expense vs impact of either investesting in the sync or considering a migration to QBO. I know that neither of those are easy decisions.

If anyone does have a great solution that helps @AGluck, I'd be happy to hear it!

Thank you for the ping @kvlschaefer ! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I'm with Josh on this.

Integrating a desktop on-premises app to a cloud app is a whole other story, compared with using various API or iPaaS solutions to sync between two cloud apps.

You need code that is going to have to be installed on a PC on-premises with secure access to the QB data files. If any support is needed, the devs are going to be using old-school remote access IT-support tools.

If it is something that you want to sync periodically, then as long as you can export the QB Enterprise contact records into a CSV - that could be fed into a cloud-based app to handle the HubSpot side (Zapier and many other ways to solve it)

It's the on-premises part that is a can of worms. Hence the cost blow-out.

cheers

Pete