HubSpot Ideas

mikeabowles

Workflows assign task to Task Queue

Workflows with the action "Create a task" should also have the option for the task to be assigned to a specific task queue.

80 Replies
tjones
Contributor | Elite Partner

If/when queue can be assigned/shared it would be good for the tasks to stay with the owner. Unless ownership is specifically changed in the workflow. For example if a particular queue(tasks) is always completed by the same person, then we could make changing the ownership to them as a step on our workflow. Otherwise ownership stays the same.

ChristianRieck
Contributor | Gold Partner

@bellawu Wouldn´t it be possible to share (with the team or mark them as private) task queues with others. Like we can do with templates? So we could put tasks directly in a queue via a workflow. 

Franklandsam
Participant

@bellawu Could we please add "queue" as a column in the task screen. I am happy with reviewing my tasks each day and quickly dragging them into the appropriate queue. This isn't too hard to do at all... BUT at the moment I have no way of seeing which tasks have been assigned and which haven't. 

- Either we need a way to view all "Tasks not yet assigned to a queue" or just add the column in as an option for us to sort by.

FWIW - I think this is a problem that is worth solving properly but can see why it gets tricky. I think Christian Reich's suggestion of making certain Queues global/shareable is an excellent one, but I am hoping that my suggestion is simpler and quicker if you aren't able to do it properly as per Christian's suggestion

spogue
Top Contributor

@bellawu I think it would work similar to sidebars and how they can have both custom fields and default fields. Maybe its per team or per person, but an admin should be able to say that "Sample Queue 1" is default on everyone's task list. That way, when creating workflows, the option is always there. 

This is slightly off topic, but while we're on the subject of Tasks, the same idea for assigning to a Queue should be applicable for "Priority". Workflows should be able to set priority on a task rather than have that responsibility solely on each user.

Ascend_BG
Member | Diamond Partner

@bellawu Re: One challenge here is that tasks created through workflows can be assigned dynamically to the enrolled contact's owner, but each owner has different queues because task queues are user specific. What would you want to happen in this situation? 

I would think creating the missing queues would be a good option. This would ensure the queues exist without worrying about an owner not creating or accidentally deleting it.

IvanM

+1 go for it, i neeeeed it. go dev team !!

HarvestROI
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Here's my use case for needing "Queues" to be created via automation and having "General Queues" that can be sorted by owner once inside the Queue. I created a weighted revenue report to estimate revenue in a given month based on the Deal Ammount and the Estimated Close Date. I created workflow automation that assigns the Deal owner a task to Update the Estimated Close Date when that date has passed to keep the revenue reports accurate.

kevinheraly
Contributor

@bellawu  I would suggest allowing for Queue creation from the Workflow, or allowing an Admin to set certain "default" queues that are applied via HubSpot assigned team. 

IAMCloudLeon

Subject says it all. It's great being able to automate the creation of Tasks from Workflows - but it's a hassle going in manually sorting through a big jumble of Tasks just to assign them to a specific Queue. It would be great if you could set the Queue the Task gets assigned to from within Workflows.  I have 8 different Queues set-up for different processes I undertake at different intervals of my week. But every day I have to go in and pick up hundreds of newly created Open Tasks and assign each of them to one of the 8 dedicated Queues, which probably takes me 5-10 mins of very low skill work to do every day. It would be a piece of cake if it could just automate straight into the right Queue. 

Jan2
Participant

@bellawu 

I would expect that I could define a standard queue for each task in the workflow (i.e. "incoming registrations").

If this queue already exists for the user, then the task gets added to the queue.

If the queue does not exist for the user, the queue gets created for the user and the task will be added to it.

ghallett
Participant

further to this request, the queue should be able to sync with a Salesforce queue - so assign a task in workflow to a Hubspot queue and it then gets added to salesforce under the corresponding salesforce queue. 

WorthRisk

This is a great idea and very badly needed. The Call Queue functionality is vital to helping my team stay organized and run a sales process. Hoping the community agrees and this can be prioritized

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

We built a way for you (wonderful workflow users and operators) to create and share task queues with other users inside of Tasks. After creating a shared task queue, you'll be able to assign tasks to this shared queue via the task action in workflows

In a previous post, we mentioned one of the challenges of solving this problem: tasks created through workflows can be assigned dynamically to the enrolled contact's owner, but each owner has different queues because task queues are user specific.

This shared task queues functionality is now in beta, which is our broader solution to the problem of assigning tasks to queues via workflows where tasks can be assigned dynamically. 

If you'd like beta access to shared queues and the assign task to queue workflows action, please request access here: https://forms.gle/bt1knmsdCLofE7ZM7

**Please note that in order to create shared queues or to add users to a shared queue, users will need to have paid access to the Sales/Service Professional or Sales/Service Enterprise edition of HubSpot. 

Thank you,

Scott

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

I am please to announce that Shared Task Queues are now live to all Sales and Service Professional & Enterprise users.

In a previous post, we mentioned one of the challenges of solving the problem outlined in this original post: tasks created through workflows can be assigned dynamically to the enrolled contact's owner, but each owner has different queues because task queues are user specific.

We built a way for workflow users to create and share task queues with other users inside of Tasks. After creating a shared task queue, you'll be able to assign tasks to this shared queue via the task action in workflows

This shared task queues functionality is now live, which is our broader solution to the problem of assigning tasks to queues via workflows where tasks can be assigned dynamically. 

With Sales or Service Professional or higher, you can now create and share task queues right from the tasks app in your HubSpot account. You can then use workflows (or sequences) to create tasks automatically and assign those tasks to shared queues. Learn more about how shared queues work.

Thank you,

Scott

tjones
Contributor | Elite Partner

Heart

kevinheraly
Contributor

Been using the beta for a few weeks now and I love it. My team is using it religiously. The only thing I'd love to see, from a feedback perspective, is the option to invite a Team to the queue, instead of searching and selecting each teammate individually. 

spogue
Top Contributor

Absolutely agree @kevinheraly. Can we just add this option to wherever individual team members can be selected??

LThomas13
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree, it would advantageous to be able to assign a Task Queue to a Team.

I tried to create a CSM Team Membership List, then create a Workflow in hopes to trigger assign "if member of list" then assign to CSM Task Queue.  The only option was to assign a Task, not a Queue.

MSwartzentruber

very important to me as well....

Zisty99

With the recent workflow outage, one of my enterprise clients has over 2k tasks without an owner, and they can't be the only ones.

Full-blown task based workflows would be an incredible help - and also likely resolve the queuing issue.