HubSpot Ideas

BrandonA

View Future Sequence Tasks

I would like to be able to view the tasks from a sequence before they are "created." From the contact record, I can see the steps of any particular sequence for any particular prospect and their associated dates. However, those tasks aren't actually "created" until the day of, which means I cannot see those future tasks through any of the task filters. I'd really like to be able to see upcoming calls that will be generated by a sequence, so that I can plan an appropriate amount of time each day to follow up with people. Because I run multiple sequences with a varying number of enrolled contacts, I'm never quite sure how many calls I'm going to have in my task list each day. If I could easily see the number of calls assigned to me each day, it would allow me to better plan out my sequence enrollments. Does that make sense? Is anyone else facing a similar challenge?

19 Replies
johnSwag

This would be very helpful for our reps as well.

jfreeley
HubSpot Moderator

HubSpot rep on behalf of a customer here. This would be a great feature to see!

BGering

I'm encountering a similar problem; and have resorted to tracking future tasks in Excel as a workaround. If this was fixed I'd be able to move my whole process into HubSpot.

@jfreeley would you be able to let us know if there was a workaround availalbe? I'm guessing this could either involve a custom report from the future sequence data, or maybe a more technical option involving the API.

Many thanks for the help!

djones7717

I would love to see this. All of my colleagues are facing the same challenge, and it makes it difficult for new members of our team to understand how to plan for the next day.

GertVL

Encountering the same issue here. It would be of great value for my team to be able to:
- have a forecast of their upcoming tasks, both sequence or manually created ones, ideally in chart form similar to 'task performance' under 'Insights' today.
- have a board view where each column is a day, so you can easily drag & drop them to different days

EMcNally

Seeing Tasks scheduled via a sequence would be very helpful when managing follow up activity with prospects and planning my work day.

zixichic

Agreed. It is hard to know if I am putting an appropriate number of people into a sequence daily, or even what step they are on. If I am going to blow up my work load. I really only have viablity into if someone is on the email steps I created not the task steps or call steps. I would like them to show up on the future task steps so that if I can see I have 100 call tasks lined up on Tuesday all ready, I will know not to set up 25 new calls. But as it is, it looks like I have NO tasks set up on Tuesday and it will just be a suprise so as I feed people into a sequnce that has both texting and call steps I can get get quite backed up and suprised by my workload each morning!

DLediard

DLediard_0-1648651283537.png

Bring back the task follow-up time option please! 🙂

PNikkila

I would love to see this but only as another filter to add in/toggle on or off rather than defaulting so we have the option to pick the view.

CFagan1

There is a simple solution to this:

This should be set up as "create task immediately" with "due date in X days". 

Currently, it's just "create task in X days" and it looks like you have nothing on your schedule for months. This is a SALES NIGHTMARE! I'm really suprised this has not been corrected.

Rachel_KL
Participant

How does this not exist?!?! I agree with @CFagan1, the simplest solution is checking a box to create the task immediately with an additional field to specify when it's due. Due date is a field that already exists. Just make it visible when creating tasks in a sequence. How is someone supposed to accurately and affectively manage their day or week when they can't see which tasks or how many are waiting to be created at any given time.  

BCline7

this would be very helpful for our team! It makes planning for the days or weeks ahead very difficult without it

khijek

This feature would drastically change my workflow and daily planning. It causes me and my team members a fair amount of distress to not be able to plan our days around our workload. Obviously you can manually count your upcoming sequence tasks but having a feature that shows you your upcoming tasks would greatly benefit many users of this platform and even retain customers who are considering switching platforms due to this. 

Alekotsugai
Member | Platinum Partner

I wish I could visualized all the tasks that will be created according to what was previously defined during the sequence creation.

Everyday is a mystery how many tasks I'll really have until the end of the day. 😥

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

I think it would be helpful to create the task immediately after the previous step is complete, with the due date set per the number of days indicated.

I don't think it makes sense to create every task for every sequence, as many customers will be removed from the sequence after different steps as they convert. Auto-creating all tasks would equally be a nightmare, but getting the next task scheduled as soon as it's in the queue for the sequence would be very helpful!

LOyoung
Participant

Agree with CFagan1! It would be extremely helpful for our sales team to create a sequence with tasks immediately created for a later date so that our sales reps can view upcoming tasks.

Jkelley92

Would be ideal to get see future tasks that are upcoming in sequences

PaulinaF

Hi, any updates on this feature since this thread started?

KMAHONEY7

Hi, yes, completely agree. Without task visibility, especially for bulk tasks that fall all at the same time, it's very difficult to plan and organize the effort to be done. 

Does anyone have any news? 

Thanks!