HubSpot Ideas

mfinocchiaro

Tracking Documents from File Manager

We have software data sheets in the File Manager that we link to on our site for customer download. We need to have the ability to track how many times these pdfs are downloaded for viewing, as well as being able to see what web pages these linked documents can be found.

HubSpot Updates
November 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Hi everyone,

As you can see - this was recently changed to "not planned". We did that foreseeing that in 2023 we will not be able to work on this project, and wanted to make sure that everyone was updated on where things stand. We will update this post further when work for this is planned again! I am also happy to chat with anyone here and see if we can find any workable solutions. 

Not Currently Planned
November 30, 2022 09:45 AM

In Planning
May 03, 2022 07:25 AM

Being Reviewed
March 25, 2020 06:36 AM

Idea Submitted
April 11, 2019 12:41 PM

Currently leaving this as 'Idea Submitted' since there are no definitive plans on our roadmap but it is something that our team is aware of. 

April 11, 2019 12:38 PM

Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback here. While there is no official update at this time, this is something that is on our team's radar; there are no definitive plans on our roadmap for this but it is something that our team is aware of.

155 Replies
smthgclvr8
Participant

@dianna what platform did you migrate to? And do you see it performing some of these functions better? Interested in other options that are out there.

AnnaPietka
Participant

We would love to have this implemented since we have to use other tool to do so...

ogosdeck

Super disappointed to see this is now set to "Not Currently Planned". Being able to track engagement, downloads, views, etc. with files is a huge need, and something that is standard in several Hubspot competitors. Hoping this can be re-prioritized in 2023, especially given the clear interest from so many customers in this feature.

EKwong

Bumping this one up! I recently created an e-book as part of our team's content strategy and uploaded it into my Marketing files. However, there is no way to track this from either the Sales or Marketing Dashboard (as we typically do for email template performance). It would be great to have this feature!

AMachowiak

Also disappointed by "not currently planned". This is crucial for e-mail marketing. How isn't this available in software this size? Simple open status in contact activity would do for now. I hope HubSpot reconsiders this feature...

DWhite

Seems like a simple enough development request...no idea how it has taken 6.5 YEARS to not make it into planning. 

AndrewinKC
Contributor

Disappointing that this capability is not available. We manage a site that has numerous documents that are not gated for regulatory purposes. I see that we can specify the standard Hubspot CDN URL with one of the domains we have configured in Hubspot. Maybe Hubspot could allow us to enter a Google Analytics tracking ID and we could track as visits in GA????

MinStoker

We migrated to Hubspot, eager for the more robust functionality it offers. We have spent 2 months trying to figure out how to track user engagement of files in the file system and now confirmed it's not possible. Our prior Marketing Automation tool, (Sharpspring) had this functionality out of the box. I'm really surprised this is not available with Hubspot. Would love to see this get on the roadmap for 2024. 

jjanek
Contributor

I agree with everyone else. This is critical and creates major measurement issues.

KAbraham

Agreed! We also require the capability to monitor downloads or views of a PDF when we share its link! Please prioritize the development of this functionality!

Agreed! I was very surprised that this feature did not already exist. We should be able to track the number of times a document is downloaded and who downloaded it.

AToro9

I would like to reopen this because it's crucial this is fixed at some point.

As a company we host a lot of files (e.g. PDFs, videos etc) and it's really a blind spot we cannot track analytics on those URLs...

E.g. a sales person adds a PDF link in a sequence, and doesn't know who downloaded. Same if we use the link as a URL in an ad.

racine99
Here here! This has got to be addressed. Please.
RJoyce9
Participant

Back here to upvote! Bring this back on the table or give a good reason why.

DWhite

I wish I could vote for this multiple time....I mean it's only been six years...