HubSpot Ideas

Anu8844

Forward functionality in Tickets

Hello,

When we forward a ticket to a secondary contact , their responses to the ticket thread remains in "closed " status and the ticket owner do not get any alerts. Responses from the secondary contact will get missed.

We have the enabled the ticket settings to receive any responses to a ticket as "open / waiting on us " status and was expecting it to work for any incoming reply / responses. 

Below is the response we've received from Hubspot.

"My product team let me know that the reason that the ticket was not moved to the to the "waiting on us" status is that the reply that came in was a reply to a forwarded email, and because of that, the reply did not update the necessary " hs_last_email_activty" property. At this time, this is the expected behavior for replies to outgoing forwarded emails, as the contact would need to reply to the original email thread rather than the forwarded version of that thread."

It would be great if Hubspot can update the ticket property based on any incoming responses to a ticket , whether its primary contact or secondary contact a response is a response and it should alert the ticket owner. Otherwise there is no point to having a "forward" function within the ticket.

Thanks

9 Replies
LButterfield
Participant

Absolutely, this is also proving an issue for our teams as well, and makes the ticket function pretty unreliable for the teams. 

ERadka

This is a huge issue for us as well. I don't understand why a ticket woudln't re-open if a secondary contact replies - or why it wouldn't at least open a new ticket if the system isn't able to match the secondary response with the original thread.

Current state, we are missing a lot of replies, which means we need to add a workflow to re-open the ticket any time ANY update is made to it. Now, ticket updates get made all the time - even to closed tickets. We change categories and pipelines and do peridic cleanup of closed tickets and every time we do so, all those tickets re-open. So we're contstantly reviewing and re-closing tickets that never should have re-opened, which is time consuming. And we're only doing it to bypass the issue with secondary responses not properly re-opening tickets. I'm surprised more people haven't run into frustrations with this.

LButterfield
Participant

I have had to get Hubspot Support's help to build a workflow specifically for this issue which has proven complicated, had tickets opening when we didn't want them to, not opening when we did etc. Thankfully the workflow is now correct, but I am now going to have to clone it across to two other ticket pipelines to bring the rest of our service team into Hubspot. This is such a basic and simple functionality that many businesses must need. To not have it is wasting our time, Hubspot's time and resulting in unhappy and frustrated customers who think we'rre ignoring them. 

ALindroos

Anything new related to this? We have a customer case where this is a real problem.

claudiaalbasi
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @LButterfield could you share with us how you created the workflow? I have the same problem with a client operating in tourism and it is really frustating. Thanks you very much. 

HTerry8

This is also causing us a problem with missing replies from customers.  Hubspot please develop the capability to recognise all incoming emails and treat these in the same way that you do with emails directly from the main contact.

JIrvine1
Contributor

I can't believe this is not supported. Our last 2 CRM systems had this functionlity. This is a huge shortocoming, and should be a simple thing to fix.

KSieverts
Participant

Would greatly appreciate this feature! We have 4 seperate support teams that all have to manually create a task whenever they forward an email, as it doesn't re-open upon repsonse from the forwarded persons' email. 

LButterfield
Participant

We've got a couple of workflows running to resolve the issue. If you use the criteria of last email date was updated after ticket status when pipeline stage is closed, then it captures all emails in the tickets regardless of who they're from. The only thing to ensure is that if your support teams are replying to emails that they reply, THEN update the ticket status otherwise tickets keep re-opening on their replies.