Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Dependent fields in Service Support forms

I'd like to have the option of creating dependent fields in Support Forms. This is a "must have" if the support form will bring any value to us. I really hope this function becomes available sooner rather than later Smiley Happy

It would also be beneficial with more than to levels of dependencies.

6 Replies
david_dataton
Occasional Contributor

I fully agree on this. The Support form is extremely limited and does not at all meet our requirements. 
I can not really see why we need a dedicated support form at all - the support forms should be designed as the rest of the forms. 

And please also consider making more levels of dependencies - I want my dependencies to have a next level of dependencies. 

Steve_Remington
New Contributor

I agree this should be added.

My use case for this is that we provide support for users trialling the three different software products we sell. Each product has different versions and different categories of problems. It would be good to have a "Select Application" field and then based on the option selected the correct pair of Software Version and Issue Category field would be presented to the user completing the ticket.

WisseKempenaer
Regular Contributor

When will this be added? It makes no sense that it the ticket properties don't appear in the dependent field selector?

JessievanB
New Contributor

Hi team, 
I totally agree with the comments above; 

for our support channels we definitely needs some funneling and the contact form is 1 of them. 

So looking forward to hear if/when the dependent fields in the support form will be added.

Thanks!

Strychnine
New Contributor

Am I alone in thinking it is ridiculous that this simple functionality doesn't exist?

Spoiler
I am beyond frustrated.
From a code standpoint this is simple; please hotfix it ASAP.

jamescooke
Occasional Contributor

I really support this idea, have seen may other many other support ticket platforms that do provide this and have worked with them in the past.