HubSpot Ideas

kbeloin

Add Note on Stage Change

As a part of the service process in our company, it's important to document steps as a ticket moves from one stage to another. It would be great to require notes for certain stage changes. Essentially, the feature could look identical to the "Set Property" on stage change:

kbeloin_0-1615924885224.png

And instead of a ticket property update message, we'd get a rich text field to add a note:

kbeloin_1-1615925124179.png

This function would be especially useful for instances where tickets move in and out of the same stages multiple times. I would like to avoid adding properties (which is what we're currently doing).

While I know that this task could be effectively accomplished by exporting the property history, this history report does not offer the same flexibility and dynamicism as notes do. For example, notes have become one of the primary ways of drawing out team's attention to certain tickets (with the @ mention), detailing reproduction steps (including images and video if necessary), and documenting solutions. 

Of course, we could always jump into the Notes section and add them after a stage change, but this really isn't a workflow 'control' (so they're often passed over during particularly busy times). 

I have not been able to find a solution elsewhere - but if I'm missing something and there's one out there, please point me in the right direction!

Thanks!

Kyle

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
NSLTan

Would be great to at least get the same style popup when changing the lifecycle stage to force updating certain chosen properties.