Commerce Tools

KGrizzle

Registration without Payment

SOLVE

Is there a way to force users to complete payment before they are marked as registered? 

I have a form with information about the event and basic RSVP info, then at the bottom the button says Complete Payment, but if someone clicks that but doesn't complete payment, it still marks them as registered for the event. What am I missing? I am new to HubSpot, so please go easy on me. 

1 Accepted solution
Humashankar
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @KGrizzle 

You're correct that clicking the button shouldn't register someone without completing the payment.

Natively hubspot doesn't have a built-in feature to ensure payment completion before registration.

Still, there are creative solutions to achieve this functionality. One approach is to implement a two-step registration process, where the first form collects RSVP information and the second form handles payment processing.

By redirecting users to the payment form with pre-filled details, you can ensure a seamless experience. Once payment is complete, you can update the user's status in HubSpot to "Registered."

Otherwise, you can use conditional logic on the "Complete Payment" button within a single form, integrating a payment gateway like Stripe or PayPal.

This way, the button only becomes clickable after successful payment, automatically registering the user upon click.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Humashankar VJ
HubSpot Community Champion and enthusiast | Engineering Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Humashankar
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @KGrizzle 

You're correct that clicking the button shouldn't register someone without completing the payment.

Natively hubspot doesn't have a built-in feature to ensure payment completion before registration.

Still, there are creative solutions to achieve this functionality. One approach is to implement a two-step registration process, where the first form collects RSVP information and the second form handles payment processing.

By redirecting users to the payment form with pre-filled details, you can ensure a seamless experience. Once payment is complete, you can update the user's status in HubSpot to "Registered."

Otherwise, you can use conditional logic on the "Complete Payment" button within a single form, integrating a payment gateway like Stripe or PayPal.

This way, the button only becomes clickable after successful payment, automatically registering the user upon click.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Humashankar VJ
HubSpot Community Champion and enthusiast | Engineering Manager
0 Upvotes
KGrizzle

SOLVE

Thank you!

0 Upvotes