Blog, Website & Page Publishing

FreedomKAcademy

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

I have a free HubSpot plan and website template (KidStar). I updated the favicon with a 48x48 px .png as HubSpot suggests under default branding, ensured my domain is correct under the general tab, cleared my cache, and even tried an incognito tab. After all that, the favicon is still not showing up. 

I'm at a loss on what to do. The HubSpot article on this issue is either outdated or this feature is not available to Free Plans?

Help is appreciated!HubSpot Favicon Issue.png

HubSpot Favicon Issue_2.png

3 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hey @FreedomKAcademy, thanks for reaching out! I just want to make sure that you updated the page branding in addition to your brand kit.

If you head to Settings > ToolsWebsitePages, you should be able to view the settings for your respective domain like in your first screenshot. 

In a Marketing Starter account, I'm seeing a Branding tab where the logo and favicon can be set (or can override the defaults set in the brand kit):

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 5.33.10 PM.png

The URL structure for that page is: 

https://app.hubspot.com/settings/HUBID/website/pages/SUBDOMAIN/branding

(https://app.hubspot.com/settings/123456/website/pages/info.yourdomain.com/branding)

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @FreedomKAcademy 

Favicons not showing in Free Accounts came up during the last CMS for Marketers HUG, @Meganksull would know better than I do, but in the testing I've done I also couldn't get Favicons to show using CMS Free.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

She-Cat
Solution
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

I was struggling with this too because I set everything up in all the right places according to the documentation, but nothing seems to work! Even chatted with Support, but they weren't able to solve the issue.

Then I started reading the documentation again, and yes, it does say that this applies to all products and plans as shown here:

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 19.50.15.png
But I think they just mean the Brand Kit is available all products and plans, Within the Brand Kit, though, there are things that are available to all, and things that are only available to paid plans. The favicon bit is one of these things, as it says in that section that it's customisable if you have the CMS Hub Starter, Professional or Enterprise.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 19.49.10.png

So yeah, technically speaking, us with the free plan do have a favicon, just that it's a default non-branded one that's not customisable... . Can't complain about it though, since we do get a LOT out of the free plan already, so a customisable favicon is one of those "nice to haves but not need to haves" that can be "purchased" if we really want it.

51 Replies 51
QTeam
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Same trouble here, tried everything and seems not update favico

it was working fine before, after a domain/logo update it has gone

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @QTeam,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Would you be able to please create a new post in the Community describing the issue you are running into with the favicon? 

Please be sure to include pertinent screenshots, relevant troubleshooting steps you have taken so far and any documents you have referenced so the Community can better assist with guidance. 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
calpar

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

I found a solution to this problem (also using a free account).

The workaround is to open a website page using 'Edit,' click the 'Settings' tab on your webpage, then scroll down to 'Advanced options.'

Then, type/ paste a favicon link manually into the 'Head HTML' section of your page, e.g., <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="https://myfavicon.png">

The only catch is that you need to apply this in the head HTML on each page where you want the favicon to show.

hopeemmanuel
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Man thank you very much 😭 years later this is still very helpful

She-Cat
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @calpar,

Omg, this works!!! Thanks for sharing this workaround 😊

KiahBrightlane
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi how exactly did you get the favicon link? It seems to have worked for you but I'm confused! Would appreciate if you could break it down further.

0 Upvotes
She-Cat
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Had just replied you with instructions 😉. Hope you manage to make it work too!

KiahBrightlane
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi, how exactly do you get the favicon link in the format that you have provided in your example: <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="https://myfavicon.png"> ? I have no coding knowledge so please "dumb it down" for me, thanks!

0 Upvotes
She-Cat
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

You create your favicon image (recommended size is 48 x 48 px) and then save it in e.g. HubSpot. You then copy the URL of this image to replace the favicon link in the code. If you had saved your favicon image in HubSpot, then you can find the URL for it here:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 19.18.23.png

Bkinavusha
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

i have also been having that issue at (kinovadigitalmarketing.com) but the favicon is present on the error pages on the website but  what do you care if you have  33 weeks of blogs and a stunning website with you and is all for free

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @Bkinavusha I'm a little confused by your post, are you having trouble following the workaround for the favicon, or did you decide against it?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Bkinavusha
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

i had some issues but am good since i have all for free i cant complain no more

KiahBrightlane
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi, found it! Thanks sooo much for replying! and to @calpar

For anyone as clueless as me and using the free version, you'll need to find the favicon image link or URL before you do what @calpar says! To find it, you have to navigate to where your files are stored in HubSpot's "files tool": 

• If you're using HubSpot’s free tools, from your HubSpot account navigate to Marketing (in main navigation menu) > Email. In the left sidebar menu near the bottom of the page, click the More tools dropdown menu, then select Files. (I found these instructions in knowledge base here)
  • From here, click your favicon image or upload one. After you click your image, select 'Copy URL'
  • Then paste this entire thing/code into the 'Head HTML' section of the settings of your webpage: <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="https://myfavicon.png">  ...replacing https://myfavicon.png with the link you copied.
  • Save your webpage.

Amazing!😍

0 Upvotes
She-Cat
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

I'll be happy to help 😊. Will try do to it step by step, starting from the top.

Uploading/saving an image or file in HubSpot
1. Go to Marketing --> Email

2. On the left pane, there is a section called "Email tools". Click the dropdown of the "More tools" option to get a list of other options:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 12.34.05.png

3. Select "Files". You will now be taken to the file storage part of HubSpot. Here, you can add your favicon image to the repository by clicking the orange button located top right that says "Upload files"

Once the image file has been uploaded, you can click on it to open up the "File details" page, which is the screenshot I shared previously. You can then copy the image URL there and proceed to carry out the instructions by Calpar to add it to all your website pages 😊.

Hope it makes more sense now 😊. It is very annoying that the "Files" section is so hidden away in the free HubSpot version. I use the Professional version at work, and there, the Files option is located under the Marketing menu, so it is much easier to find! It did take me a while myself to find it in the free version, so I get how you couldn't find it 😖.

Let me know if you need more help! Otherwise, hope you manage to get it working this time 😊

KiahBrightlane
Participant

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Figured it out just before you replied! It's a lot to navigate through and type out. I appreciate it so very much💚

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this workaround, @calpar

0 Upvotes
AThomas87

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Grateful for the recommedation from @calpar .

@kvlschaefer - Are you able to confirm if this is a bug that HubSpot is working through and if there's an estimate of when this may be resolved? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @AThomas87,

Thanks for reaching back out! 

I will investigate with the internal team to see if this is expected behavior or not for free accounts. I'll add an update here as soon as I have more news 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

Hi @AThomas87,

Thank you for your patience while the team was looking into this. Apologies for the delay here, as this has taken some time to resolve.

Can you please go to Settings > Website > Pages > Branding and try to set the favicon and see if it is reflected in your browser, please?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
AThomas87

Favicon Not Showing

SOLVE

This is working! Thank you @kvlschaefer !