APIs & Integrations

simao_oliveira
Participant

Hubspot Invisible v3 ReCaptcha in hubspot forms

Hi! We're using Hubspot forms for the entirety of our websites and landing pages, and everytime we have a recaptcha block if we want to continue to have spam protection. This is very cumbersome and we fear it might be limitting conversions. Is there anyway you could implement Google's invisible ReCaptcha v3 (based on interaction score and not user direct interaction with the captcha) : https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3 ?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
MKapustin
Participant

It would be greate if HubSpot could implemented Invisible v3 ReCaptcha.

BJerger
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

When will reCaptchav3 be integrated into hubpost forms?

ablaas
Participant

Hi Simao, I have the same issue and have posted an idea https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Upgrade-to-reCaptcha-v3/idi-p/389577

Please upvote!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @simao_oliveira 

Currently, HubSpot uses Google's invisible reCAPTCHA, which does not require contacts to complete a puzzle before submitting a form. The CAPTCHA feature is currently managed by Google and they will determine either to display or not to display the images. 

I also found this external blog that contains more details here.

Essentially the invisible reCAPTCHA would qualify if the visitor is a human or a bot, if Google decides that the visit is from a bot, the traditional reCAPTCHA will re-appear.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
simao_oliveira
Participant

Hello Pam,

I undestand that you utilize the Recaptcha v2, which doesn't require user interaction by default, but still might require it on submit if it believes additional human verification is required. Why is it that we still get the badge from ReCaptcha on our forms? Also, I believe if we hide (via CSS) this badge, we might get issues when users need to complete the puzzle, since it breaks its appearance.

As a frontend developer, I've implemented the v3 Invisible Captcha on websites before, and it wouldn't require the appearance of badges or any puzzles to solve. This is a much nicer integration, since it doesn't affect the appearance and never requires puzzles. Is there anyway you could move to v3?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @simao_oliveira 

I checked in our end and HubSpot's uses the most updated version of ReCaptcha, are you seeing something different in your end that you can share screenshots with us?

This article here explains more about ReCaptcha in our forms.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
simao_oliveira
Participant

Hi Pam, here's an example in one of our landing pages.

screenshot.jpg

In the inspector i've featured the recaptcha iframe, which seems to be v2. And, as usual, we have the badge and, almost everytime, we get the 'choose the pictures with...' puzzle to complete on submit.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @simao_oliveira 

Thank you for the screenshot! I confirmed and you are correct, while it’s currently not possible to integrate reCAPTCHA v3 with native or embedded HubSpot forms, I can certainly see why that would be valuable.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes