💬 RevOps Discussions

JBrasser
Participant

Automatic Note Association

SOLVE

Hello HS Community,

We have an SDR team that prospects into Companies and uses this object to leave relevant notes for Demos or future outreach. 

Although we're able to associate these notes to a deal automatically upon creation via workflow, if a Deal already exists the SDR has to associate these notes manually in order for the AEs to have visibility on them. This is because the Deal object is their primary source of information. 

It'd be great if there'd be a way to auto-sync all activity between a company and the latest associated Deal. 

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Also, if somebody has a workaround for this that would allow for this process to happen automatically let me know, thank you! (i.e. bulk-associate notes from companies to latest deal)

Cheers

1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBrasser,

Do you have access to custom code in workflows ?
Cause this will make it much easier :

- create a company-based workflow => trigger on engagement > notes body > is known (activate re-enrollment)

- use the search the CRM API to find deals associated with the company

- pick the latest one

- use the engagements API to create a new note on the latest deal

If you don't have access to the custom code, then I don't think you can manage that using workflows alone (unless there's an app on the marketplace that lets you copy engagements across objects, you could have a look at that too).

But you can use the same scenario and instead of using the search the CRM API from within the workflow you could use a webhook to send data to a third party automation tool like Make or Zapier and run your API calls from there.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBrasser,

Do you have access to custom code in workflows ?
Cause this will make it much easier :

- create a company-based workflow => trigger on engagement > notes body > is known (activate re-enrollment)

- use the search the CRM API to find deals associated with the company

- pick the latest one

- use the engagements API to create a new note on the latest deal

If you don't have access to the custom code, then I don't think you can manage that using workflows alone (unless there's an app on the marketplace that lets you copy engagements across objects, you could have a look at that too).

But you can use the same scenario and instead of using the search the CRM API from within the workflow you could use a webhook to send data to a third party automation tool like Make or Zapier and run your API calls from there.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

leminhds
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, interesting workaround. Do you have an example code of how this would look like?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JBrasser 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @jolle @coldrickjack @LMeert @MandyDROS do you have any suggestions for @JBrasser on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !