We have fairly large workflows and it takes forever to make edits because there’s no search capabilities within a workflow. Ctrl f isn’t reliable because it won’t search the entire workflow. There needs to be some sort of keyword search
This is definitely something I have encountered with clients in the past and would be something that would be super beneficial. Thanks for sharing!
HubSpot, I agree with the original poster. The search feature is ineffective on our large workflows. We really need the Control F option to be significantly enhanced to scan the whole workflow at once. This will save us time by being able to quickly view and edit the section of the workflow we need. I also want to be able to search by action numbers.
While it’s possible to view all the workflows a property is used in, it’s not possible to define that workflow down to specific options in drop-down or multiple choice properties. I spend a lot of time reviewing all the workflows used by a specific property, to determine which workflow I need to edit based on the property option selected.
I have several workflows with 500+ actions and need to update an action that assigns a contact owner because an employee has changed areas.
I’ve spent so much time looking at every single individual action in an attempt to locate the action that I need to update because there is no way to search within workflows.
Whether that is a native search or correct functionality of control+f, it is IMPERATIVE that HubSpot implement something to help users with this.
After reaching out to support, I was given no solution or “workaround” and was told, once again, to come to the Ideas Forum to post. I’m regularly reassured that the forum is monitored by “real people,” but see posts like this that are several years old with no response or movement.
I now resort to visiting the Ideas Forum and compiling lists of posts and links that are requesting the same features, but never hear anything regarding these features actually being worked on or the issues addressed.
Unfortunately, I can’t sit around waiting for three years until HubSpot decides that a feature that should have been included in their tool initially is worth their time to develop and until them, I am left with no solution for my problem.
Here are similar posts with the same requests:
- https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-a-search-find-feature-to-find-specific-action-in-a-large/idi-p/873169 (1 upvote, 1 comment)
- https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Search-Capability-Within-a-Workflow/m-p/753040 (7 upvotes, 1 relevant comment)
- https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Search-Capability-within-a-Workflow/idi-p/753478 (7 upvotes, 3 comments)
- https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Easily-locating-properties-within-a-workflow/idi-p/1088432 (5 upvotes)
A search feature built in would be nice. Or if all actions in a large workflow could load so that the browser find function can pull in all results. Right now it pretty much only finds what is displayed on the screen. Thanks!
Hi,
I’m Kenny, a Product Manager for HubSpot’s workflow tool.
After review, we don’t have plans to build this right now. This is something I agree will be impactful, but we have higher-priority work in flight that we need to see through first. It’s on our radar for future consideration.
That said, we revisit our roadmap regularly, and customer ideas like this one do influence what we prioritize.
Thank you!
Kenny