Hey guys!
I hope you’re doing well.
I noticed that since I connected my HubSpot Account with Bexio, I have a different contacts but with all the same customer number in my bexio account. Examples:
Why? It is the case that the bexio contact endpoint is not threadsafe, i.e. in the case of several parallel imports, e.g. the contact number is generated twice.
If would be really great HubSpot if your Integration Devs could have a look at it.
Have a great day!
Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,
You’re not alone. I replied in the other thread with more details as to what’s up.
In the meantime, Bexio is aware of this issue in their API too, and they’ve told us they’re working on a fix.
Hello FransLeys
Do you have news? Is the issue fixed? I didn’t had heared anything from Bexio so far.
Thanks for letting us know.
Best regards
Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,
Sorry I forgot to update this thread. They’ve issued a fix a month ago and our tests were succesful.
Hi. I did integrate Bexio with HubSpot and it seems to work. But what I don’t see are the invoices. They are synced but where do I find them in HubSpot… Thx, Thomas.
Hi - Go to ‘Contacts’, then click the very dropdown of ‘Contacts’ just like you would go to ‘Companies’ and go to ‘Invoices’.
Right Thank You. That one there I really missed out :).
To get it visible at the contacts, deals etc. I probably have to create my own CRM card I guess?
Ah good call out. You could attempt creating a CRM card yourself right now, but I know a different team from mine is also working on it!
Summary for anyone reading this years later, since it still ranks high. Two separate issues were discussed:
- Duplicate customer numbers in bexio after the first sync: a bug in bexio’s contact API when several contacts were created in parallel. bexio fixed it in spring 2022 and HubSpot confirmed its tests passed. If you set up the integration later, you should not see it.
- Where the synced invoices are: not on the contact record, but under Contacts, then the dropdown next to Contacts, then Invoices. Showing them on contact or deal pages needed a custom CRM card at the time.
A workaround for point 2 is to keep invoice number, link and payment status as properties on the deal, which is associated with contact and company. That needs your own workflow, script or middleware.
Disclosure: I built a connector that does exactly that for bexio.
(Written with AI assistance)