Importing documents to contacts

We are doing a HubSpot migration from Crentrix to HubSpot. The client wants us to bring the files over to the contact. Some pdf, some jpeg, etc

What is the best way for us to bring those files over and get them connected to the correct contact

Hey @Huntscape-Ops,

Thanks for bringing this to the Community!

I personally haven’t heard of the origin platform that you’re referring to and couldn’t find much on it, however, I’d start by looking into the manual and API import resources that I’ve included below. Hopefully these help point you in the right direction!

I’d also like to tag in some of our Top Contributors to see if they have any tips and tricks on this!

Hey @karstenkoehler, @evaldas, @BarryGrennan -- Do you have any suggestions for @Huntscape-Ops on this?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Sam, Community Manager

@SamTassey provided a good baseline for importing records.

The next step would be to import the files into HubSpot and associate to the existing contact records.

HubSpot has steps documented here in the “Attach a file to a record” section:

Hope this helps!

Hi @Huntscape-Ops,

Files aren’t supported in the HubSpot import process, unfortunately. You’d have to work with the HubSpot API here: Files API - HubSpot docs

Best regards

PS. No need to cross post :slightly_smiling_face: