Email address not working

Suddenly I’ve had an issue with a specific email address. We have three team members and one of the email addresses has a caution icon next to it when I try to CC them into emails. If I include them in the message, the system does not allow me to send the email.

I was advised to reset my Hubspot, however, I’m not sure how to do this.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi @Sandcress,

Is there an error message when you hover your mouse over the icon? Have you checked on the contact record for this email address whether it is unsubscribed (property “Unsubscribed from all email”) or has bounced (property “Email hard bounce reason”)?

Best regards!

Hi @karstenkoehler,

It says “Emails sent to this address have bounced”.

However, it’s a working email and they can email me perfectly fine. However, when I CC them in, a caution icon appears next to their name and when I hoover over their email with the caution icon, that message mentioned above appears.

Many thanks.

Hi @Sandcress,

That would explain the error message. Removing hard bounces is a feature only available in Professional or Enterprise subscriptions, not in Starter, unfortunately, see the info box at the start of this article: Send emails to contacts who previously bounced

You can try to get HubSpot support to unbounce your internal contact but they might reject the request.

Best regards!

Thanks @karstenkoehler.

I’ve emailed Hubspot support. Hopefully can they resolve this issue as I’m not sure why the email address in question had even bounced in the first place. I didn’t have issues before and it’s also a member of our team that’s listed in Hubspot.

Any clue how this happened?

Hi @Sandcress,

HubSpot emails include tracking functionalities (parameters, pixels) which are sometimes considered dangerous by email service providers and email clients. Unless HubSpot emails were specifically allowlisted, this might cause a bounce. Bounces can have other reasons, too, see here.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions! If you found these directions helpful, you can help others find them more easily by accepting my earlier reply as a solution. I’d appreciate it.

Have a great day!