Chilidocs workflow error "WORD"

Hello! I’m getting this error “Output type word isn’t supported. Choose docx or pdf.” when trying to use the Chilidocs Generate and attach document action in a workflow. However, when offered to pick the output type, I only seeing the following output formats:

Even though I’m selecting word, I’m getting an error instead of the file. Is it a glitch?

Hey @jsm99,
Thanks for posting in the Community!
Can you please provide a screenshot of the error that you’re seeing? I’d like to gather as much context as possible for our Community to assist with this inquiry.
Shane, Senior Community Moderator

Yes, here you go

Hey @jsm99,
Thanks for providing this context!
I was looking through our knowledge base article on troubleshooting common workflow errors, and I found this seemingly related context on output errors. It looks like these types of errors can occur when an account has run out of credits. Given that it looks like we’re requiring the workflow to generate content, I’m wondering if this is the cause of that specific error. Can you confirm if you have enough credits for this action item?
Shane, Senior Community Moderator

Thank you @STierney , I was able to get in touch with Chilidocs, and it seemed to be a bug--which, they’ve now fixed.

Hey @jsm99,
Thanks so much for confirming this!
Have a great week!
Shane, Senior Community Moderator

Hey @jsm99, good to hear the output type bug got sorted. If you ever want a second option for getting DOCX or PDF files onto your records, we built DocuGen for exactly that: it fills your document with the contact, company, deal and line item data and saves the file straight to the record’s attachments. You can also generate from the pipeline without opening each deal. The free plan covers 400 documents a month with unlimited users, so your whole team can use it at no cost.

Have a look at our HubSpot marketplace listing.

Hello @jsm99 ,

Thank you for sending the screenshots. They make diagnosing this issue much easier.

This does not appear to be a glitch on your side. The workflow history shows that the action is receiving the value word as the output type. The Chilidocs action only accepts docx or pdf. The WORD option in the UI is sending a value the action does not recognise, which’s why you receive OUTPUT_TYPE_UNSUPPORTED instead of a file.

Here are a few things that you can try:

- Use PDF for now. That option maps to a value so it should work.

- Re-select the option and re-save. Open the action switch the output format to PDF switch back to WORD then save and re-enroll a test record. Sometimes the stored value is stale from a version of the action.

- Check whether the field accepts a custom value. If the action lets you enter the output type as text or from a property set it to docx than word.

- Contact Chilidocs support. Since the option appears in the UI but is not accepted by their app this is a bug, on their apps side. Send them the error code OUTPUT_TYPE_UNSUPPORTED and the screenshot of the workflow history so they can fix the mapping.

With Regards,
Jaya Sinha.