Additional scope request for my Oauth app

hey team, I tried adding an additional scope marketing.email.read to my Oauth app and was encountered with the following error: The scope marketing.email.read isn’t available to this app. If your app needs it, contact HubSpot support to request access.

However I’m on the free tier version and seems like this community is the only support option I have access to.

  • Account ID:

  • Endpoint: GET /email/public/v1/events

  • Use case: ingesting email events only

  • Required access: read-only, with no ability to create or edit content

Can someone point me to the right direction as to where I can submit the access request?

If you’re adding or changing scopes on your project, you need to have the app reinstalled on the hub for the new scopes to take effect.

If you go to

  1. Development
  2. Projects
  3. Click on the project
  4. Overview
  5. At the bottom of overview, click your project under Project Components
  6. Distribution
  7. Copy and paste the reinstall URL to reinstall the app.

Hey Michael, thanks for your response. However, I think there’s a misunderstanding. I’m not trying to reinstall the app to have the additional scope for my account. I’m having the same issue as this topic: How can I request granular engagement scopes in HubSpot? - #9 by Berangere . My developer app cannot deploy with granular scopes, and the build fails with the error above. I made a comment under the thread, and someone suggested me to create a new topic