Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

sandrine_OP

Conditional logic in Properties

SOLVE

Hi Community

Is there a way to create a property that is linked by conditional logic to another property.

i.e. I have a list of "general" issue, but I want the support team to be able to select sub issues when they select one of the entries for the general issue.

Thannks!

1 Accepted solution
rwebb1
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. An update for you  - we are now in private beta for Conditional Property Logic, a feature that will enable you to set conditional logic for enumeration properties. This logic will be triggered when users make edits to properties across the CRM - specifically, in the ‘create record’ form, on the record page, and on the index page. If a property is required, users will not be able to save their changes until the required property has been filled. This feature is available for all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. 

Your Customer Success Manager can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near future based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

View solution in original post

50 Replies 50
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sandrine_OP and everyone,

This can now be achieved with conditional properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-conditional-logic-for-enumeration-properties

See the recent announcement below:

[Public Beta] Conditional Property Logic

Sep 28, 2023

What is it?

Requiring the right data at the right time is critical to CRM data quality. Missing or incomplete data can throw off your ability to capture high-level insights or even take critical action based on information in a record. For example:

• You want to capture the specific reasons why deals are lost
  • When a deal is closed/lost, users are required to select an option in Lost Category
  • They select ‘Product’ as the reason - but you want to know what types of Product-related reasons (bugs? incomplete functionality?)

Or another example:

• You want to capture a customer’s billing information
  • When a user fills out Billing Method as Email, you want to require that they also fill in the Billing Email so you can bill the customer

Conditional property logic enables admins to show (and require) the right properties at the right time across the CRM. Today, in the ‘Customize the create record’ page, admins can set conditional logic for properties that have been added to the ‘Create record form. Now, admins will be able to set conditional logic for enumeration properties regardless of whether they have been added to the ‘create record’ form. This logic will be triggered when reps make edits to properties across the CRM.

If a property is required, users will not be able to save their changes until the required property has been filled.

Why does it matter?

Conditional property logic is a powerful tool to help you safeguard data quality and create a streamlined experience for reps interacting with records. This data management tool will help CRM admins lay the foundations for clean data and a smooth rep experience by guaranteeing that required information isn’t missing. And it will save time spent chasing down incomplete data.

How does it work?

HubSpot admins can set up conditional property logic in Property Settings > Conditional Property Logic tab.

These rules will be surfaced - alongside conditional stage properties- in the following places when a rep edits a property:

• Record page highlight card, About section, association card, and ‘View All Properties’ page
  • Index page inline edit
  • Index page bulk edit (conditional stage properties will also now be enforced here)
  • Index page board view
  • ‘Create record’ form

Demo Video

Who gets it?

All Hubs, Professional+ subscription.

If you're on a Professional or Enterprise subscription and you're not seeing these options yet, you should be able to opt into the beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1700812210081.png

If you're not seeing the beta there, it'll probably appear in the next few days.

Have a wonderful day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JLittle2
Participant

SOLVE

How does reporting work with these new conditional properties? Can we generate a report using the contents of the dependent property? Or just the controlling property?

0 Upvotes
rwebb1
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. An update for you  - we are now in private beta for Conditional Property Logic, a feature that will enable you to set conditional logic for enumeration properties. This logic will be triggered when users make edits to properties across the CRM - specifically, in the ‘create record’ form, on the record page, and on the index page. If a property is required, users will not be able to save their changes until the required property has been filled. This feature is available for all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. 

Your Customer Success Manager can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near future based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

JelenaUy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Rachel - that's great progress/news!

Is this applicable to the HubSpot forms/or will be in future? Would be great if available for a customer to fill out - selecting an option and then specific options based on their answer to show in the next field.

E.g.

Country > "Australia" selected

State > brings up only Australian states from an option list of worldwide states in the field

auto-mate
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I have the same question and same use case...

But I think it's complicated because then the conditional logic would need to show in the form editor so that the form text could be edited (and especially localized/translated). Or another localization solution, like string translations in the conditional logic editor.

This would be a great addition but I could see how it would be difficult to implement without a solution for multiple languages.

0 Upvotes
MHakenjos
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Rachel, how can we request access to the Beta if we do not have any Customer Success contact, can you help us there, please? 

0 Upvotes
JRhueSharetru
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @rwebb1 thank you for the update! I've enrolled in the private beta and started using this feature. It's fantastic. I know it's brand new, but want to share a use case that would be a great addition. Could y'all consider an if/then logic? For example, in a company record Industry property - If XX industry is selected only show related sub-industry drop down options. We have a multitude of segmented sub-industries based on primary industry. It would make it very efficient for team members to just see the related sub-industries drop down options once they select the primary industry.

Thank y'all for launching this feature and keep up the great work!

JMiddleton2
Participant

SOLVE

Love this please roll out to public beta

HChan22
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, will this work in field types such as single or multiple text lines? 

I find it only works with single and multi check select or radio. 

If there is a solution or work-around that enables text line field types to have depency, that would be fantastic

AHooks
Contributor

SOLVE

I have to agree that it would be really nice to have this feature. The one item I see they did add was that when creating a service ticket format you can configure 1 level of conditional logic. This doesn't do very much if you have multiple levels.  I have spoken to Hubspot several times on this and nothing ever seems to happen.  Hubspot seems to be more for Marketing and Service seems to be a lower priority. 

0 Upvotes
CCreaser
Participant

SOLVE

I am a bit shocked and dismayed to find this isn't a feature in Deals! Please implement this!

msjain
Participant

SOLVE

Come on @hubspot get this done. 

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @msjain and everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your valuable Product feedback!

I'd like to share these resources which might be of interest to you:

- The solution from @Mike_Eastwood on this similar post "Conditional properties"
Add conditional logic to the create record form (Professional and Enterprise only)
Use dependent form fields

I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Conditional Properties".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

April_at_Paubox
Participant

SOLVE

Unfortunately, I can't see how the suggested resources help our various use cases. Especially for deals - ex: we have a matrix for pipelines and deal types. For the expansion pipelines, we only want to see deal types upgrade, up-sell, plan change, and cross-sell....and not have those deal types available for choice on any other pipeline.

0 Upvotes
AndyJimenez0666

SOLVE

I want this too...this would keep me from moving to SalesForce!!!!!

MSuarezHS
Participant

SOLVE

Oh man....me too! And coming from a former HubSpotter that used to SELL HubSpot (and had to battle Salesforce in pretty much every deal). This functionality is so mission-critical for us that we're going to have to swap to SFDC if we can't get this functionality

bmsfox
Contributor

SOLVE

Piling on here, but need to add my own disbelief that conditional logic is so absent from different areas of Hubspot

AHooks
Contributor

SOLVE

I have been asking for this same item for a couple of years now. We are to the point where we may need to switch to a different platform that offers such logic. I don't know if Hubspot cannot figure out how to do this or not. Seems like it should be fairly simple. 

ElBr
Participant

SOLVE

+100000

Govarthan
Participant

SOLVE

Problem Solved: You can now create the pipeline for forms where the new properties are shown in the Contact, Company or Ticket form according to the conditions given. Go to edit forms and you will find a new feature 'Add Pipeline logic'. Thank you @hubspot for adding this feature. It really makes our properties clutterless. 

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 3.17.37 AM.png