Sales Email

MiaPV
Top Contributor

Ability to Include Single Use Code in Email?

SOLVE

Hopefully this is a dumb question with a very easy solution. We are hoping to be able to send an email to our subscribers with a single-use coupon code. Is there an automated way to include a unique code for each person on the mailing list?

Thanks in advance!

Mia

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hey Mia, your solution sounds feasible. However, there are at least a couple gotchas to be aware of.

- HubSpot offers no way to LOCK properties. So, once you perform your initial upload, there's no way to protect those codes from being 'modified' once they're in production -- i.e., after you send your emails.

- Everytime you need to add new codes you'll need to perform additional uploads. This is true for one (1) code or 1000 codes -- unless, of course, you add them manually. 😐

Shouldn't be a big deal if you don't often have lots of new codes, AND you expect them to be used fairly quickly. Still not very scalable though.

Zapier should be able to 'pick' your codes from a Google Sheet based on HubSpot Contact email address. That may be a more manageable solution since, once setup, you'll only need to add new contact email addresses (and their new coupon codes) to the Google Sheet.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Although HubSpot has no built-in native coupon code generation functionality, there may be an integration to help -- depending on your need. If you're wanting to port coupon codes to a WooCommerce store, maybe try HubSpot Dynamic Coupon Code Generation

An alternative is to maybe use Zapier to load pre-built unique codes into HubSpot.

Finally, there's always custom development.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
MiaPV
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick response @MFrankJohnson! The codes are actually being generated by a potential affiliate partner of ours, which I think makes it a little more complicated? The only workaround I can think of would be to export a list of our newsletter contacts and add a contact property column with their unique code inserted, and then try to do a bulk upload/update to our existing contacts...but I also am not sure that will work and I don't want to break anything. Does that sound like a feasible solution?

Thanks!

Mia

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hey Mia, your solution sounds feasible. However, there are at least a couple gotchas to be aware of.

- HubSpot offers no way to LOCK properties. So, once you perform your initial upload, there's no way to protect those codes from being 'modified' once they're in production -- i.e., after you send your emails.

- Everytime you need to add new codes you'll need to perform additional uploads. This is true for one (1) code or 1000 codes -- unless, of course, you add them manually. 😐

Shouldn't be a big deal if you don't often have lots of new codes, AND you expect them to be used fairly quickly. Still not very scalable though.

Zapier should be able to 'pick' your codes from a Google Sheet based on HubSpot Contact email address. That may be a more manageable solution since, once setup, you'll only need to add new contact email addresses (and their new coupon codes) to the Google Sheet.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MiaPV
Top Contributor

SOLVE

That definitely helps and verifies some concerns I had with my workaround. Thank you!