Reporting & Analytics

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

Tracking LinkedIn Sponsored Content

SOLVE

When I am setting up a LinkedIn sponsored content campaign in LinkedIn, is it best for me to create a unique tracking url for that post so that hubspot recognizes it is Paid Social OR will hubspot automatically recognize it comes from LinkedIn paid social?

For example, there are two ways to set up sponsored content in LinkedIn.

1. Sponsor the organic post that is already published on your company page (that means the url stays the same for your organic post and your sponsored post).

OR

2. Create a new post with all the same details as the organic post but you can change the url for the link and instead use a tracking url created from hubspot. This sponsored post can be hidden from the company page so you don't see them both on the page.

Which way do you think is best for reporting in analytics? 

Thanks

Allison

1 Accepted solution
Kevin_ThinkFuel
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus great question. In order to properly track and attribute the clicks to Paid Social, you'll need to set up a tracking URL. The only exception to this is if you are using the HubSpot Ads tool but at this point that only works with Facebook.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for tagging me @roisinkirby

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Kevin_ThinkFuel

SOLVE

Happy to help @AllisonAltus! You can always submit the idea here for consideration.

0 Upvotes
Kevin_ThinkFuel
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus great question. In order to properly track and attribute the clicks to Paid Social, you'll need to set up a tracking URL. The only exception to this is if you are using the HubSpot Ads tool but at this point that only works with Facebook.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for tagging me @roisinkirby

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Kevin_ThinkFuel and @roisinkirby

Ok i'm glad to hear that as that's what i have been doing but just wanted to check if this was the right method - and I wasn't creating more work for myself 🙂 

It would be even better if Hubspot did include LinkedIn ads as part of their Ads tool - hopefully, it will in the future. 

many thanks 

Allison 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @AllisonAltus - great question! Tagging some of our social media experts - both in terms of the tool and best practice strategy to offer their insights: 

@krystalg@crystalking@JorieMunroe@Kevin_ThinkFuel@Phil_Vallender

0 Upvotes
Ronit

SOLVE

Hi All!

Piggy backing on this post for an issue we are having with linkedin tracking.

We are trying to get more granular with our tracking. Currently we only have information regarding different hubspot form fills. We want to get more info down to campaign and even ad level without having dedicated lps for each in order to track click to deal. Any advaice on this? Is there a hidden field that captures linkedin camp/ad info?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes