Lead Capture Tools

LeaH1

Tracking conversions through inline thank you message

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me understand how do you track conversions on LinkedIn, Google Analytics or AdRoll, if the landing form after submission contains an inline, thank you message (vs. a new page with a new URL)? In other words, what URL do you use to define your conversion?

Thank you,

1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @aoifemoon for the mention.

HubSpot should be able to distinguish the different Sources form submissions come from on the Performance tab of the landing page under Content -> Landing Pages.

It's recommended to use tracking URLs so you can easily identify different campaigns ( HubSpot usually is able to auto-tag them for you). You can use either HubSpot's Tracking URL Builder or Google's Campaign URL Builder for easy campaign tracking.

As far as you know you can't track inline thank you messages (I rarely use them).  This is where tracking from the landing page level with tracking URLs comes in to play.

It's always best practice to create a stand-alone thank you page for your offer (easier to track in Google Analytics): https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/why-ditch-thank-you-messages-for-pages

Happy holidays!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Glenn16

SOLVE

This seems to be an old post. However, I had a requirement to tracking conversions on forms that show an in-line thank you message as opposed to a separate thank you form. I needed the info to be passed on to Google Ads.

So here is what I have done.

- Embed the gtag conversion tracking code into 

Designer Console > Settings > Advanced Options > Additional code snippets > Head HTML

- Execute the JS function on button click. To do this we need to add an additional line of code below the Gtag tracking code. 

document.getElementById("xxxxx").onsubmit = function(){ gtag_report_conversion();};

The xxxxx would be replaced with your Form name ("formId") which you can find by at 

Marketing > Lead Capture > Form > Click the selected form > Click "Share" button on Top Right > The pop-up will give the value of "formId"

Hope this helps.

shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @aoifemoon for the mention.

HubSpot should be able to distinguish the different Sources form submissions come from on the Performance tab of the landing page under Content -> Landing Pages.

It's recommended to use tracking URLs so you can easily identify different campaigns ( HubSpot usually is able to auto-tag them for you). You can use either HubSpot's Tracking URL Builder or Google's Campaign URL Builder for easy campaign tracking.

As far as you know you can't track inline thank you messages (I rarely use them).  This is where tracking from the landing page level with tracking URLs comes in to play.

It's always best practice to create a stand-alone thank you page for your offer (easier to track in Google Analytics): https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/why-ditch-thank-you-messages-for-pages

Happy holidays!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I would reccommend using the Thank You Page URL. I'm not sure if an inline message is able to be tracked, but with that said I've not tried before. 

@shearn what are your thoughts?

0 Upvotes