HubSpot Ideas

adolusncd

Using Sales documents in Marketing emails

We have multiple documents that we use in both Marketing emails and Sales emails. Support tells me I can't use Sales documents in Marketing emails and that I need to upload them as Files if I want to link to them from an automated Marketing email.

That makes no sense to me.  It is very cumbersome to have to keep 2 versions of all these documents (and keep them all up to date and in-sync).  Please add the ability to have a single document repository that works across both Sales and Marketing (ideally with folders to help with organizing).

4 Replies
serserser

This is a huge pain point for us as we too have to keep track of the two duplicates for a lot of documents because of this absurd limitation.

Marketing emails should be able to tap into the Sales documents storage (or make them a single repository indeed), and we should also be able to insert (in marketing emails) the nice web PDF viewer for documents that right now only Sales can send.

LeilaniOlynik
Member | Platinum Partner

I agree that this is a major painpoint for any client that wishes to leverage HubSpot has a great sales and marketing alignment tool, especially for ABM campaigns. The ideal situation would be that marketing campaigns can set up initial outreach and move leads through the funnel, including utilizing a Document to inform the sales team which improves the kinds of conversations sales reps can be having with a lead. 

Tanner_Yotta

Upvote on this. Very annoying and there is no way to track document views using this method

MLerner3

I am looking at similar issues. Especially with document versions, even at the contact level. 

What about the HS integrations like PandaDocs or Dropbox Sign. Do you have any experience with the capabilities using those integrations?