Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Task Due Date Time

When creating a task, it defaults to being due at 5 pm. There is no way to change the default for this. You need to manually change every task which is time-consuming. There should be an option for default this time to one of your choosing. 

8 Replies
RPD
New Contributor

Regardless of there being a way to set your own default time, 5pm is a ridiculous default. Who wants to be reminded of the tasks they were supposed to do that day just before they're about to go home? Unless you start work 5pm this makes no business sense. 
8am was far better than 5pm. 

whyde2018
New Contributor

Very bizarre and counterintuitive. Like RPD said, why would I want a barrage of tasks hitting me at the end of the day as I am preparing to go home? The 8 am time allowed me to work through my tasks as the day wore on. 

Additionally, why can't we set our own default time for tasks to be scheduled in the settings? 

Sylvesterrr

This has been buging our team as well - default 17:00 makes "3 business days" effectively 4 days.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Sorry to hear about the frustration. One thing I wanted to clarify, it seems there's been a little confusion between what the due date and the reminder date are doing.

For the comment "Who wants to be reminded of the tasks they were supposed to do that day just before they're about to go home"

The reminder date/time is separate from the due date/time. For example, by default the task is set to be due at 5pm, and the reminder to be sent at 8am. In this case, you would be reminded at 8am, not 5pm. 

The idea behind setting the default due date to 5pm was that you give yourself until the typical end of business day before that task is considered overdue. If the time was set to say 8am, as soon as the start of business, your task would be in red and considered overdue. 

At any rate, we've been getting similar feedback from customers in other channels, and we are going to change the default time from 5pm to 8am.

As to having the ability to set a default time, this is something our team can look into. 

Thanks for bringing up your feedback. 

asgilroy
Occasional Contributor

Yep. For me it's 8 am and i come into work at 8:30 so as soon as i come in all my tasks for the day show as "overdue" 

verify
Occasional Contributor

Dear HS Developers,

Also allow users to define how many business days to followup when creating a task from an email.

dguido
New Contributor

I think you should be able to remove the time all together.  I am not refering to the reminder, but the task itself.  I dont use task as exact times so my default is 8 AM and when i come in every morning, all my task for that day are red and show as over due.

leowangup42

I agree with dguido, I rarely have a task that I need to do at an exact time. I have tasks that I need to do a certain day. A default of 8am not only means that everything is overdue immediately and shows as red (which is annoying), but because it's overdue, it also means that the "Next Activity Date" for that company disappears.

This affects any filters where you are trying to filter out companies with a Next Activity Date as companies now with overdue tasks show up in this filter.

I would much rather default having no time associated with a task, and allowing a rep to specify a time when it truly needs to be done at a certain time. If it's really really time sensitive, you should probably just put it in your calendar or set a reminder.