HubSpot Ideas

fsta

CRM Deal Import - Automatically Associate with Contacts

We need the ability to automatically associate deals with contacts/companies during the import process.

We have thousands of deals that have been completed for the current year.  Our service is provided on an annual basis.  We need the ability to create new deals that incorporate some properties from our completed deals in the prior year.  It appears this is easy, as we can export our completed deals, make the necessary changes in Excel, and them re-import into HubSpot.

However, there is not currently the ability to automatically associate the imported deals with their contacts/companies.  Doing this manually in not a viable option due to the high number of deals.  

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 20, 2019 01:40 PM

As of the end of 2018, this is live in all portals! Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Re: CRM Deal Import - Automatically Associate with Contacts
September 13, 2018 09:06 AM
Re: CRM Deal Import - Automatically Associate with Contacts - changed to: In Beta
September 11, 2018 02:02 PM

Re: CRM Deal Import - Automatically Associate with Contacts
August 29, 2018 12:53 PM

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your patience on this issue. But, I'm excited to let you all know that the ability to associate objects on import is currently in a private beta. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form to gain access to the beta and we will be in contact if our beta product is a good fit for you. Please provide as much detail as possible. 

Thank you! 

In Planning
April 04, 2017 01:15 PM

We are planning several improvements to importing in HubSpot. One of the big ones is making it possible to associate contacts, companies, deals and activities (notes, emails, calls, meetings, tasks) to each other during import. This functionality is currenlty possible through HubSpot's APIs, but we want to make it easier for everyone to doas part of our import flow.

74 Replies
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

Hi there,

At this time it is not possible to associate Contacts and Deals during a CSV import into Hubspot. You would have to import them separately, and then manually associate them in Hubspot after. 

One option is to use API to import the data, so that you can retain the relationships between your records. We offer this as part of our standard data migrations. You can check out how this will work with a free sample here: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm

Best,

Ashley

AndyPitre
HubSpot Product Team

We are planning several improvements to importing in HubSpot. One of the big ones is making it possible to associate contacts, companies, deals and activities (notes, emails, calls, meetings, tasks) to each other during import. This functionality is currenlty possible through HubSpot's APIs, but we want to make it easier for everyone to doas part of our import flow.

jbalancio

Hi,

Is there any update with this request? We need to associate thousands of contacts to deals.

CTAKevin

Mark.

jmcallister925
Participant

What is the status of this?? I've been asking for this simple update for the better part of 2 years now and was told in June of 2016 that it would be finished by the end of the year... Here we are, mid 2017 and still nothing.. 😞

For a company that imports hundreds of deals a day for their team to call on, manually adding them on every deal is crazy and cuts our production in half. Not to mention it prevents us from being able to automate workflows, call our Evangelist first (we have no way of knowing until we manually add them) or take advantage of the call queue.

Please, please PLEASE with a cherry on top let's make this happen! Please 🙂

Bruamico
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi! This feature is extremely important! The same with excel spreadsheets, we need to be able to import deals and associate them with companies and contacts contained in the data. The same with deal creation, sales reps should be able to add deal, company and contacts import in the same screen.

shaheen

I'm evaluating different CRM options. I have more than 1,000 contacts to import. If there's not a way to automatically associate them with companies that will be a deal breaker... 

IvanKarp
Top Contributor

One more tool to consider is data2crm, the service offers automatical CRM data import using API, so there is no need to manual data export/import. Feel free to mail me for more info.

Regards, Ivan

e_danielson

This has been and continues to be one of my greatest frustrations as a Sales User in HubSpot. This should be pretty basic considering each deal does have an associated Deal ID. 

We also have thousands of deals that we can easily update via a spreadsheet, but then have to painstakingly update those manually back into HubSpot b/c they can't handle basic de-duplication on an import. Painful!

confidentmac
Participant

I was hoping to start doing some important analysis of customer relationships, including tracking how much they're spending over time and how often they're coming back for more. However, I cannot until I can import deals directly associated with each customer.

I hope this will be implemented soon. Not only is Import2 priced well out of my budget, it doesn't support FreshBooks, my current invoicing system.

MiguelH
Participant

@AndyPitre What is the ETA for the automatic Deal->Contact association feature?

I'm loving Hubspot so far but this would save us literally hundreds of hours!

Looking forward to an update.

Thanks!

Miguel

confidentmac
Participant

Contact Ashley Milne at Import2 for help with this in the meantime.

Daniel3
Contributor

I have the same issue. As much as Hubspot helps me to be more efficient, this missing feature takes it all off again. Another option or something related to this, is to automatically roll up deals that are associated to contacts to the higher hierarchy which would be the company.

confidentmac
Participant

Ashley Milne at Import2 reached out to me two weeks ago and offered to import my deals into Hubspot and associate them with Companies/Contacts using a new tool they're developing. I had 750 deals from the last few years that I wanted to import so I could start doing some analysis on my customers.

Import2 did a great job with this import! They even shared reporting errors that helped me resolve some inconsistencies with contact info in my database, and rolled back and reimported my lot after I'd corrected the errors.

I hope Hubspot is able to grow from a partnership with Import2, or if Import2 is open-sourcing the code, or by acquiring the tool, or some other scenario that improves the lives of its customers.

jstahl
Participant

Certainly a feature that is needed in the system. Would save a lot of time!

datafreak

Just spent three hours creating a database and adding properties and was ready to import.

Finding out that I can't import Companies and Contacts at the same time is a deal breaker for me.

I was hoping to bring on 5-10 users to start off but doesn't look like that's happening.

Can't believe that in this day and age you don't have the ability to do that.

Salesforce it is 

confidentmac
Participant

@datafreak Did you see my post two before you? Are you needing to import deals regularly or just right now with your data archive?

azoreslabs

Any estimated time for having this working? It would be a huge help! Thanks.

confidentmac
Participant

Once again, contact Import2 for this service for now.

IvanKarp
Top Contributor

Hi @azoreslabs I think you may also try to use Data2CRM service, it's worth to try! With respect!