HubSpot Ideas

IW

Bulk delete attachments

It should be possible to delete more than one attachment at a time from a company and/or contact.

45 Replies
persiapa
Participant

We have clients emailing us with attachments that include personal data. Every quarter we need to delete these for GDPR purposes. I'm having to go through each customer and manually delete these files. It would be helpful if there was an area where all email attachments were stored (e.g. in files) so you could go through and mass delete.

There is an option to switch off logging email attachments, but we cannot use this function as it stops email attachments coming through to the conversations inbox, which we use to deal with customer queries and tickets. 

RobJ88

This is a BIG problem in my organization and is burying our records deep into a sea of nonsense. Adding this feature would be a HUGE help!!

JOakley
Contributor

This feature would be very helpful.  Do we have an ETA on this yet please?

WSchmidt

If this feature isn't created sooner rather than later you are going to lose a lot of clients down the road. 

You should be able to do the following:

1. Marketing nav link
  2. Files & Templates
  3. Files 
  4. Title search
  5. Click individually the files in a box (like you do with updating companies and contacts)
  6. Mass delete with prompt on # files (just like above)
  7. Then delete them. 

*** Every company should have these stored in a zip file or google folder or something, so uploading them is not the issue. The issue is having these consistently and automatically attached. 

This way a HubSpot appointed employee could clean HubSpot every week and keep their information safe. 

bcf
Participant

Yes to remove multiple attachments would be great as currently I have to delete everyone separately.

This is very Time consuming and should not be necessary 

SPask

Yes, with people adding logos and linked images to their email signatures we have so many image files auto saving to records that the attachments we really want are lost.

Deleting one by one is near impossible task to find time to do as a small business.

CBrunnert

It should also be possible to select in the HubSpot Outlook Add-In weather an attachment should bei stored in HubSpot attachments or not. That would help a lot!!!

MathewG

Agree....

Can HubSpot add new features that allow some (or all) of the following ideas for managing and deleting attachments (held within the right sidebar of Object records):

1. Create a subpage for attachments to see all attachment records in a whole new window(similar to clicking on the "View 17 contacts" button(also within the right sidebar within a customer record). Open this attachment list as a new page and view all attachments(like you would a contact list), and be able to select individual attachments, our group select with one click all and bulk delete with one click. 
  2. Sort/filter the attachment list:
    1. Creation date. You can filter the list to show the most recently added.
    2. File type. You can filter for PDF's or Word docs or exclude .png or .jpg file type
MBrummel

Hubspot, is there any word on this?

Just like some of the folks above, we have to delete files to adhere to GDPR standards. Some of our deals have 50+ attachments we have to delete individually which is very painstaking. Especially because it takes three actions to delete ONE file. 

MathewG

Still the same. I agree with MBrummel.

At the very least, just allow removal by clicking the "x" just once. This way they "removed" and not permanently deleted. 

Question about this: When attachments are "Removed"(not permanently deleted), where I can go to find the attachments that have been "Removed"? This could also make use of my idea #1 above:

1. Create a subpage for attachments to see all attachment records in a whole new window(similar to clicking on the "View 17 contacts" button(also within the right sidebar within a customer record). Open this attachment list as a new page and view all attachments(like you would a contact list), and be able to select individual attachments, our group select with one click all and bulk delete with one click. 
jgbutler

Going to add to the users putting this on the wishlist. Maybe code can be resused from the bulk delete UI and permissions for Deals or Documents?

blbsr

This is still a big issue for our company and it looks like for many other Hubspot clients too.  And there doesn't seem to be any movement on resolving it.  Don't forget to fix it in Deals as well as Company and Contacts records.  It is such a mess in there that we can't find the important documents.  

We need a mass delete of the extranious stuff and then the ability to segregate 'what' gets attached once this is fixed.  i.e. pdf's, word docs, etc. not gif's, jpg, - our choice as an option.  

Please put on the short list for your developers.  

SMussler
Participant

Really important feature and we are facing a big issue here in being transparent in deletion of information following GDPR requirements - from my perspective it is not a "nice to have" but has to be standard and soon - else I'm in the middle of it when something happens!

Nllee123
HubSpot Employee

Hi Hubspot team, just want to chime in on this feature on behalf of a customer. It would be great if this could be developed to ensure that Hubspot stays up-to-date with the GDPR requirements, and allow our customers to easily have an overview that allows them to remove all email attachments quickly

CduPree

As a privacy officer I feel this is mandatory in 2022. It is very much needed that attachments in ticktets and mails, that have the status closed for a certain amount of time, can have a rule where you delete attachments automatically. Please make this happen as soon as possible.

JlaPoutre

Hi, as a developer in the finance industry I absolutely see the need for this option to be GDPR complian; should not be too hard to implement I would guess too...

FvanderTang

Would def be a great addition to the product and a hard requirement in termws of compliancy. Currently we're faced with manual labour rather than an automated process. (which would be easier and less error prone)

HubSpot_user3
Participant

+1 please!

NJones7

I definitey support this. We waste so much time having to delete irrevlant attachments from deals one by one.

It creates another hazard for us because our team can't be bothered doing it - and then errors occur because we've got different  versions of contracts and invoices all mixed in. 

It also takes a lot of time time to download files and upload them manually as well.

It seems like an extremely simple implementation so please make this happen.

DWallbank

When is this getting sorted!!!!! we have thousands of .png image files as email attachments that would take forever to delete currently, and are making it so much harder to find the attachments we want to see.   There are some great solutions meationed above. Yet not a sinlge reply from hubspot admin, very poor.