HubSpot Ideas


Bluetooth headset issues

Calling from HubSpot I need to change device every time


Both I and one of my colleagues use bluetooth headsets to call from HubSpot in Chrome for Windows.


Although our settings are correct (verified by your support) it chooses the wrong device as microphone and sound device for calls.


The two of us also uses different brands of bluetooth headsets with different drivers, but the problem is the same.


Also, we use products like Zoom, Teams, Skype, Hangouts and Facebook Messenger on a regular basis, and have no issues there, it simply works with no issues whatsoever.


The problem is twofold. One is that it should choose the default device, the other is that when I initiate a call from the spesific customer contact page I have no option to choose device. It is only after I start the call I can do that, and I have to be quick so that it is done before the customer answer the phone. And I have to do this for every single call. 20 or so times a day... Which is very frustrating.


As I said I have tested this with lots of other communication suites as well as towards audio only software like Spotify and YouTube. And this works like a charm everywhere except in HubSpot.


Also, there is no "settings page" for audio setup in HubSpot, which would be helpful since I hopefully could have chosen default sound and microphone devices for HubSpot as default devices.


Hopefully you can help with this, as it is very very frustrating.

3 Replies

Hello, this souldn't be consided an idea, it's a problem to an existing feature that isn't delivering on it's promise, as in it doesn't address the customer requirements and therefore we shouldn't be paying a missing funtion that already is possible with Zoom, Teams (Teams has also this drama sometimes), G Hangouts, 


How do we get this esculated as a bug/missing implementation? 

i've tried this on both the GA release of Chrome and Beta, still same problem


Google Chrome86.0.4240.42 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
JavaScriptV8 8.6.395.4
Flash32.0.0.445 /home/darragh/.config/google-chrome-beta/PepperFlash/
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.42 Safari/537.36
Command Line/opt/google/chrome-beta/google-chrome-beta --flag-switches-begin --enable-features=WebRtcEnableCaptureMultiChannelApm,WebRtcUseMinMaxVEADimensions --flag-switches-end



should-be-thisway from 2020-10-22 16-41-48.pngdefault-audio from 2020-10-22 16-42-35.png


Thank you for your good reply.


I posted this here by request of HubSpot customer service. However, the representative from customer support did a great job in trying to solve my problem, but without result. She promised to send a copy of our chat to devops and inform them about the problem. Having said that, I have no idea if I will get anything back from them and it's already been a week since it was escalated and I have not received any further information during that period.


And sure, we'll also have a discussion with HubSpot about their services, now we use the Twilio integration and though we are still at an early stage of our tests Twilio seems to work much better. However, Twilio cost a lot more, so there will be a discussion with HubSpot there for sure.


Please let me know if you've also tried this integration and your experiences in doing so.


Our office also faces this issue. It really would be nice to be able to select which we want as our default. It allows us to do so for the deaset not sure why it doesn;t for the mic.