HubSpot Ideas

GlennMillerLupo

Add list description

With many team members or automations creating lists in HubSpot it would be helpful to be able to describe a list, especially if 2 lists are similar for example an event opt in list may be different to an event attendee list and whilst these terms are obviously different, not all humans are alike and some may rely on a deeper description to understand the difference and use case, at the core. Just a couple sentences will do.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 12, 2023 02:00 PM

In Beta
October 12, 2023 11:47 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you for raising this idea! We also think it's a great one. I'm happy to say that lists descriptions are now available in beta given it also comes with the ability to create custom properties for your Lists! 

You can learn more about this beta and opt your portal in (if super admin) using this link: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/all?productUpdateId=13908223

Image below shows custom properties + description!

list form button.png

5 Replies
ASolares
Participant

My team has the same challenge. We use the description field and notes in Workflows and really need the same function available in lists. We also really need a change log available in lists. We have run into challenges when one teammember updates a list and we want to know who so we can ask the reason for the change.

LThomas13
Contributor | Diamond Partner

List_no description.png

workflow_description.png

@ASolares and @GlennMillerLupo I agree.  Dear HubSpot Heroes...please consider this request to add a description option to Lists similar to workflows (see pics provided).  Thx

BHorváth
Participant
AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

Thank you for raising this idea! We also think it's a great one. I'm happy to say that lists descriptions are now available in beta given it also comes with the ability to create custom properties for your Lists! 

You can learn more about this beta and opt your portal in (if super admin) using this link: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/all?productUpdateId=13908223

Image below shows custom properties + description!

list form button.png

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team