Email Marketing

AR23

Email Tracking Statistics

Hey all, I am quite new to Hubspot and have just recently started using it to be able to track my prospecting emails. So far I am impressed with this platform and look forward to using it throughout! I was wondering, is there a way to see when emails are opened (only) by the other recipient they are being sent to? I notice if I ever open it myself, it does appear in the statistics as well. Truly, I am only looking to gauge when the other recipient opens that email. Any help here would be appreciated, and if this is not an option then that is still alright with me.

3 Replies 3
MDyer24

You can! I'm not sure if there is a quicker way, but this is how I've found the time stamp for when emails are opened. 

When you click on an email that has already been sent, toggle to the recipients tab and click "Opened" on the left hand side. Then click "List actions", "Export recipients list". Choose what file format you want and then select Advanced. From there you can choose what data you want to export. I only want to see the Opened data so I remove everything else. Click export. You will then be emailed a link to download the file. Open the file and expand the data. At the top, there is a cell titled "Event Created Date (Your Time Zone)". This is what I belive is the date and time when the recipient opened the email. 

Hopefully this helps! And if anyone who works at Hubspot is viewing this, please make it easier for us to determine when the best send time is for our email campaigns. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JArte
Participant

Isn't the "opened" data highly unreliable? With Apple now pre-loading email data regardless of whether a user actually opened an email?

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AR23

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This article provides a guide on how to prevent self-opens from being tracked: "Block self-open email notifications with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in or Chrome extension." By applying these settings, you can ensure that neither the notification nor an actual opening is attributed to you.

Hope this helps,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !