Email Deliverability

MJaimeetham
Participant

Open rate drops

SOLVE

HI All, 

Anyone experience the openrate drop dramatically with Hubspot EDM?

We have recently noticed a big drop in open rate. It used to be over 55% from around 4000 emails to now only about 26%. That is a big drop. 

We cant seem to find the anwer apart from the hubspot ip get blocked by our client emails. 

Thank you.

Montri 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Open rate drops

SOLVE

@MJaimeetham with the constant changes in privacy, I'm not surprised you're seeing a drop in open rates. That's why HubSpot recently added "adjusted open rates" as a new feature. A couple resources I've found helpful recently: 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ChristineGast
Participant

Open rate drops

SOLVE

I'm dealing with this same issue now. Our open rates for regular marketing emails were in the 40-45% range and dropped down over the last 3 weeks to 15-17%. It's frustrating to not be able to talk directly with an email deliverability support person at HS and instead have to go through others. I suspect either Gmail is putting our emails into spam which isn't reported back to HS OR HS isn't correctly tracking Gmail opens.

MOry
Participant

Open rate drops

SOLVE

Ours has dropped significantly in the last two weeks as well. Our total number of clicks have not gone down, which makes me think it is a difference in the way HubSpot is measuring the opens. 

MJaimeetham
Participant

Open rate drops

SOLVE

Thank you for your message 🙂 After doing lots of research that seem to be the case. It's scary to see the open rate drop significantly (from 60% to 28%)  and I kind of question myself what have I done wrong with the email or setting for the number to drop that much?  

danmoyle
Solution

Open rate drops

SOLVE

@MJaimeetham with the constant changes in privacy, I'm not surprised you're seeing a drop in open rates. That's why HubSpot recently added "adjusted open rates" as a new feature. A couple resources I've found helpful recently: 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/