Dashboards & Reporting

sklein
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

How can I create a report for win rate?  Calculation is pretty simple, total won($)/(total won($)+total lost ($)) but primarily I'm not sure how to add the calculated field? 

Thanks so much

2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE
Bryantworks
Solution

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Hi all,

There's since a new Sales Analytics report which has this calculation, push rates, velocities, waterfalls, as well as many others as at the time of the original answer in April of 2019 the report did not exist.

Here's a link to how to utilize it as well as where you can find it.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
MrBean
Top Contributor

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Hey @sklein -- not sure why this is marked as solved, I'm not sure that the calculation properties Bryantworks suggested is the right approach.

The best way to report on win rate I've found is through averaging deal stage probabilities or forecast probabilities of closed deals. Because the prob of closed deals will simply be either 0% or 100% / 0 or 1 -- If you had 2 closed-won deals and 2 closed lost:

(100% + 100% + 0% + 0%) / 4  = 50%

(1 + 1 + 0+ 0) / 4 = .5

MrBean_0-1657208269463.png

I'd use a summarized table or a KPI summary report (But you could also get breakdown of rep's win rates by building a barchart). Just be sure and only include Closed Deals (ie won/lost deals).

Hope this helps, cheers. 

bryceanelson
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

This is still not resolved. We need to be able to report things like "Deal Win Rate Over Time" or "Lead Conversion Rate Over Time" by individual sales team or pipeline. Hubspot can't do this natively. 

CBoon
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

@Paul_bickley1

Here is a link to the XLSX that HSpot offers on its blog in lieu of giving us a WinRate formula or calculation in the paid HSpot CRM instance. It's just a simple XLSX with 1-2 formulas.

https://offers.hubspot.com/sales-metrics-calculator?hubs_post=blog.hubspot.com%2Fsales%2Fwin-rate&hu...

0 Upvotes
Paul_bickley1
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

yeah, guess that's their bandaid for now. Seems such a simple metric to calculate given it's all there. 

0 Upvotes
CBoon
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

This still doesn't solve the problem. Showing Win and Lost is not enough. We need the report and dash to show a % answer (i.e. 28% win rate). This is so basic. Extrememly frustrating that a CRM can't calculate Deal Win Rate.

Bryantworks
Solution

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Hi all,

There's since a new Sales Analytics report which has this calculation, push rates, velocities, waterfalls, as well as many others as at the time of the original answer in April of 2019 the report did not exist.

Here's a link to how to utilize it as well as where you can find it.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Paul_bickley1
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Thanks, Bryan

Can you link me in a reply, the report that gives you a % displaying the win rate by itself? 
I can seem to find this anywhere in HubSpot.

Paul_bickley1
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Again, there is no functionality in HubSpot that allows you to display a report which gives the % of win rate or conversation rate etc. Simply done Salesforce. It's a standard metric every sales manager must track. Please build thi

JFinnegan
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

This is a key but basic metric used by Revenue/Sales Ops which Im have to measure on a google doc.... not cool

GKell
Contributor

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

This is NOT solved. The mere existence of an extremely limited calculation property does not make it possible to run a win rate calculation let alone sales velocity - which hubspot has a whole white paper on, just no mention of the fact that you need to use excel to actually get that metric. 

Yours Truly,

Forever Underwhelmed

Bryantworks
Solution

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE
sklein
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Thank you! that "should"work but my company has to buy the option for calculated fields, based on what the site is saying. Meeting with Sales rep in a couple days. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
RPG
Participant

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

I am still having the same Issue - when I build custom properties with calculations, there is only a very limited number of deal properties i can select (e.g. amount, Deal ID etc.) but nothing like "count of deals".

Do I do something wrong here? Somebody else found a solution for this?

Qualifier-ai

Win Rate reporting

SOLVE

Also looking for the answer here. I would like to figure out a win/lose rate and present in a report.

Something simple like "Deals won"/"total deals" would be great, or something that could use "count of deals", as RPG mentioned. Guess this should be made at deal level?

If anybody has an answer to this, it would be highly appreaciated.