Account & Settings

SBercovici

Changing Email For Notifications

Hello,

New to HubSpot and signed up under my personal email. Currently, by default, all of my notifications are going to that email that I used to sign up. However, I need to send them to a different email. Anyone know how to change what email you send your notifications to? 

Also - Is it possible to get SMS notifications for Chat notifications? 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @SBercovici, thanks for reaching out!

In general, your email address is your main user identifier in HubSpot. If you want to receive notifications at a specific email address, that's the email address that you should use for your user account. I don't believe it's possible to sign in with one email address but send notification emails to another address and have HubSpot recognize both of those email addresses as the same user. However, here is the HubSpot Knowledge Base article on changing the email address associated with your user a... — that should allow you to switch to the email address where you'd like to receive notifications.

If you want to receive mobile notifications when there's a new chat conversation, you just need to download the HubSpot app and ensure that you have push notifications enabled for new chat conversations (they should be enabled by default).

If you're talking about receiving an SMS notifications for new chat conversations, that may be possible, but they would require both a custom workflow (which requires at least a Marketing Professional subscription) and a texting integration (i.e., Salesmsg). I would honestly stick with the HubSpot mobile app notifications if they work for you!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
SBercovici

Thank you so much for the detailed info. I did what you reccomended. I actually had a user under my account using the same email so I had to deactivate and then delete the user account from my acount in order to use the email address. However, It isn't registering that I deleted that user and it still not allowing me to change my email on my master account to that email?Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 9.26.51 AM.png

0 Upvotes