APIs & Integrations

maven

Access control error

SOLVE

hi i'm on a project and i get the contacts that are registered on my site which are local to submit them to my hubspot app and i have this message in my console
request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. this is the code i use
$.ajax({
type: "POST",
url: api,
crossDomain : true,
xhrFields: {
withCredentials: true
},
headers:{
"content-type":"json/application",
"Access-Control-Allow-Origin":"*",
"Access-Control-Allow-Headers":"Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept"
},
data:data1
})
.done(function( data ) {
console.log("done");
})
.fail( function(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown) {
alert(xhr.responseText);
alert(textStatus);
});

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Access control error

SOLVE

Hi @maven,

Which endpoint are you using?

As this documentation states, most of HubSpot's APIs do not support CORS AJAX requests. The only POST method which supports AJAX is for the Forms API.

If you are using the Forms API, please share an example request URL and body which failed.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Access control error

SOLVE

Hi @maven,

Which endpoint are you using?

As this documentation states, most of HubSpot's APIs do not support CORS AJAX requests. The only POST method which supports AJAX is for the Forms API.

If you are using the Forms API, please share an example request URL and body which failed.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
MikeDao

Access control error

SOLVE

@IsaacTakushi Hi Isaac!

I am a new one with hubspot. And I got the same problem as Maven. I am working on create a support form from my own website to allow the Users to create a tickets and send direct to my hubspot. But I am not able to using Ajax to post the data to create ticket api. As I understand after read your solution that you suggest to Maven. But I don not  how to use it. Could you please send me an example using create ticket api? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Access control error

SOLVE

Hi, @MikeDao.

Apologies for the delayed response.

At this time, it is not possible to create tickets via AJAX requests to the Tickets API.

This undocumented workaround uses the v3 Forms API, though, which supports AJAX. Please keep in mind that since it is as yet undocumented, it is subject to breaking changes without notice.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
maven

Access control error

SOLVE

hi @Isaac_Takushi
thank you I solved it using the API forms

0 Upvotes