Until recently, the webhook was functioning well and was able to perform the required action, which is, trigger on contact creation and contact property change.
It would then call an API and insert data into our DB.
This has stopped working earlier this week and its not inserting records into our DB as it should, even though nothing has changed with respect to the APIs or the DB as no new releases have been given in this time frame.
This webhook implementation was done by a different developer team. Recently there was a handover of this project to our team wherein we got access to the developer account which had configured the webhook. The email of said developer account was remapped to an email belonging to our team. This remapping was done this week.
The implementation of this webhook has not been modified in any way either.
Hey @Shubhangi,
In order to assist here, would you be able to provide the specifics of which App is currently setup with the Webhook subscriptions and which Portal the integration is setup for?
Are you currently seeing any errors in relation to these subscription events?
Thanks
The app which this webhook has been setup for is the Petzey app.
And it is connected to the Contacts Portal. It gets triggered on creation or property change of contacts.
These subscriptions are not showing any errors at the moment.
Matthew. I am the owner of the account and working with Shubhangi on this. The account is called Petzey App and the ID is 6080842. This account was originally created by a developer who no longer works with us. He was the admin on the account. We were able to get the account transferred to me as an admin and I was asked to remove the original developer which I did. Ever since I did that, we’ve seen the webhook stop working. Is that related and how do we get everything working again?
Hi @pattyb310,
With the removal of the user, this person was most likely the integration user and so with them being removed, this revoked access for the App as an integration in your Portal.
If you go into the Integrations for the Portal where this App was fetching data from, if you remove if it and re-add, this should re-authenticate the App again so that it can continue working for you.
I hope this helps!
Hi Matthew,
While re-adding, we need to use OAuth authentication right?
For which I will need a redirect URL I believe. What is the URL I should be using for this purpose?
Hi @Shubhangi, @pattyb310,
To confirm, this URL should be the URL you want any users who install this integration to be redirected to, such as your homepage etc.
If this is just an internal app, then you can use any URL as long as it redirects you as this is where the code is appended to after a successful permissions update.
I hope this helps!
Hi Matthew,
I have done what you suggested.
Once I got the code, I got the access and refresh tokens by hitting this url with the necessary data: https://api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token.
This reauthenticated the app and the app started showing up in the Integrations part of the Portal.
However the issue is still not fixed and we are facing the same problem.
Hi Wilson. Are you able to reply to Shubhangi’s question about Oauth?
Hey @pattyb310
Could you clarify what the exact issue is? i.e data not appearing in HubSpot etc
Thanks
Hi,
The issue is the webhook is meant to call one of our APIs every time a contact is created or a property changes in Hubspot and save it in our database. However, its not performing this even though nothing has changed from our end wrt to the API. Would like to know if it might be sending incorrect data or any other related issue to cause this problem.
Thanks,
Shubhangi
Hey @Shubhangi
I’ve just done a quick lookup on the App Id 6080842 but cannot seem to find anything for this. Can you provide a URL to the Developer Portal where this App is located?
Thanks
Hi Matthew,
The URL would be: Developers | HubSpot
And this is the App ID : 197686 you might be able to find it by.
Thanks,
Shubhangi
Hey @Shubhangi
Taking a look into the logs, we can see that we’re successfully hitting your webhook URL when a property change or contact is created.
See here: Developers | HubSpot
As it looks, HubSpot is correctly firing the information to your webhook URL and so it would appear the issue lies on the side of the server where the information is being sent to and processed. You’ll need to work with the team who designed this side of the integration in order to understand what is going wrong as this is outside of HubSpot.
I hope this helps!
Hi Matthew,
I will certainly be checking there. However just to make sure that we have verified everything related to this issue, have there been any recent changes in the format in which the data is being sent via these webhooks? Any modifications whatsoever?
Because it was working perfectly around ten days ago and I’m just trying to pinpoint the cause of this as there were no API changes in this time duration.
Do check if there were any changes to the format and let me know.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Hi @Shubhangi
I can confirm that there have been no changes on our end. All changes to our APIs and Developer Tools are and will be publicised via our Developer Changelog.
Thanks