Restore Deleted Sales Document

When a Sales Document gets (accidentally) deleted, you lose the view tracking data and any links that you have shared to the document are broken. For a Document that has been shared externally many times, this is a huge loss. Much like there is a way to restore files and records, it would be very valuable to be able to restore a deleted Document.

While this feature is not yet developed, a helpful interim could be a clearer warning when deleting Documents and let users know that there is an option to re-upload a new version of an existing Document instead.

I’ve just been affected by this issue. A colleague has deleted a file from the sales documents folder which was sent out to a long list of contacts.

Every fix I can think of has failed:

  • There was no warning for the user before deleting the document - to say ‘this is being used in X email template’
  • I don’t seem to be able to restrict permissions to stop it from happening again
  • I can’t see how to restore the document
  • I can’t see how to redirect traffic from the missing link to a new version of the file

Has anyone found a way around this?

This is definitely needed. I had a colleague delete some important documents while I was off of work. I’m not sure why you can restore files, companies, and contacts, but not documents? Now we have thousands of broken links out there.

Yes definitely. There should be option to restore the documents!!