I recently created a Custom Object - to represent Institutions - that should look more like a Company / Contact Record. When I reached the Custom Object’s Dashboard - I found that it behaves more like a Deals / Tickets Dashboard - by default, where you can view records as pipelines - just like a Deal or a Ticket and not as a Master record - as in Company / Contact.
I found it surprising, as I am sure many people would be creating custom objects to represent People / Entities that are actually static in nature rather than objects that look like deals and are more of pipelines / processes.
I wonder how this can be implemented in Hubspot. It does point to the fact that Custom Objects can actually be of three types - just like Hubspot Objects -
One - Master records (Contacts / Companies) -
Two - Transactional Records (Deals / Tickets / Leads / Coupons)
Three - Activites - (Calls / Meetings / Messages)
We can actually look forward to a scenario, where one can declare this at the time of Custom Object Creation and Hubspot can actually create behaviours to represent the respective Object Type.
