Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

dmattauch
Top Contributor

stop workflow in action

SOLVE

Hi,

I have launch a workflow with a mistake.

contacts are in a "delay for a set amount a time", but i want them to exit the workflow.

turning off the workflow isn't enough.

What should i do?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

stop workflow in action

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

Can you elaborate why turning the workflow off is not enough? When you turn off a workflow, all actions will be skipped: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/turn-off-workflows#impact-on-records-in-a-workflow-that-is-t...

The easiest way to have every contact exit the workflow is to simply turn it off and discard the workflow ( = not use it again). If you need the same automation, you can clone the workflow and start with a clean slate.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Alex_Elborn
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

stop workflow in action

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch ,

Are you looking to just unenrol all the people you currently have in the workflow? If so, switching off the workflow will do this.

If you're looking to unenrol select contacts from the workflow, I would recommend going to their contact record and clicking on workflow membership on the right pannel. You can then unenroll them from the workflow there.

Hope that helps 😊

footer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Alex_Elborn
Solution

stop workflow in action

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch ,

Are you looking to just unenrol all the people you currently have in the workflow? If so, switching off the workflow will do this.

If you're looking to unenrol select contacts from the workflow, I would recommend going to their contact record and clicking on workflow membership on the right pannel. You can then unenroll them from the workflow there.

Hope that helps 😊

footer
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

stop workflow in action

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

Can you elaborate why turning the workflow off is not enough? When you turn off a workflow, all actions will be skipped: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/turn-off-workflows#impact-on-records-in-a-workflow-that-is-t...

The easiest way to have every contact exit the workflow is to simply turn it off and discard the workflow ( = not use it again). If you need the same automation, you can clone the workflow and start with a clean slate.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.