Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JNewman
Contributor

Adding Form/Checklist to Company record

SOLVE

We currently have a checklist set up in SurveyMonkey and I also took a look at the HubSpot forms.  It looks like both will only sync data to a Contact record.  I need data to link to a Company record - the form can have a dropdown field with the company name so that it matches the HubSpot company name. 

Is there another app that can do this or is there a way to add a checklist/survey into each company record so that the sales rep can fill it out when they pull up the company?

As background, the reps are meant to check various things when they visit a company.  This would be something they fill in at each visit to confirm they have done that.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JNewman,

I'm not aware of any apps that can achieve this. The challenge here is not that it would not be possible to copy information from a form submission into company records (this can be achieved with workflows). The issue is that the form submission could not be associated with the company, as your sales reps must use their own email addresses and HubSpot can't match their email address to the desired company record.

Have you considered using deals and required properties for deal stages for this? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#customi... It sound like the visit of a company is part of the sales process and could be mapped as a pipeline in HubSpot. When a deal is moved from the "Visit" deal stage, you can set up required properties which would effectively be an internal form. This information would be associated with the deal record but could be copied into the company record as well, using workflows.

Alternatively, have you looked into tasks? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/automate-tasks-on-deal-stages You could create tasks for sales reps to update certain company fields.

The benefit of both these workarounds is that the data entry happens within the CRM, not through a form (which is a lead capture tool for potential customers, not a tool for data management).

(By the way, as of October 2020, a feature for this is also in beta, see this HubSpot Ideas post.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JNewman,

Yes, that sounds like a good process. The only question is whether you want any of the ticket property information also on the company record (for filter, reporting etc.). If not, then you should be all set. If yes, you would create a workflow for that, enrolling a ticket when [property] is known and then copying the value from the ticket property into the appropriate company field.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JNewman,

How are you using deals?

Tickets can indeed be an option but you would be storing information in yet another object. If this is company information, you might want to copy some ticket values back into the company object (which can be achieved with simple ticket workflows). Let me know if you need further assistance with that, happy to help in this thread.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JNewman
Contributor

SOLVE

Deals are for closed sales and each company can have multiple deals.   For example, the company is an apartment building and each deal relates to a resident who purchases.

Each company is assigned to a sales rep who vists on a regular basis.  The rep is meant to complete the checklist on each visit, so this is not a question of entering info and then having it sit in the record as a static item - it should be checked off/answered each time.  What we want to be able to see is that the rep visited the company, completed the checklist and this is what they put answered.

I added some custom fields to the Ticket.  I can see a summary of all the tickets submitted (they would be Property Checklists in our case), who had entered them and when plus, when I pull up a company, I see it on the timeline.  The rep has to go into the company record to log the visit so it should be fairly simple for them also to click Ticket from there and fill it out.....?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JNewman,

I'm not aware of any apps that can achieve this. The challenge here is not that it would not be possible to copy information from a form submission into company records (this can be achieved with workflows). The issue is that the form submission could not be associated with the company, as your sales reps must use their own email addresses and HubSpot can't match their email address to the desired company record.

Have you considered using deals and required properties for deal stages for this? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#customi... It sound like the visit of a company is part of the sales process and could be mapped as a pipeline in HubSpot. When a deal is moved from the "Visit" deal stage, you can set up required properties which would effectively be an internal form. This information would be associated with the deal record but could be copied into the company record as well, using workflows.

Alternatively, have you looked into tasks? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/automate-tasks-on-deal-stages You could create tasks for sales reps to update certain company fields.

The benefit of both these workarounds is that the data entry happens within the CRM, not through a form (which is a lead capture tool for potential customers, not a tool for data management).

(By the way, as of October 2020, a feature for this is also in beta, see this HubSpot Ideas post.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JNewman
Contributor

SOLVE

Unfortunately the way we use deals means that won't work.   

After I posted this, I started looking at using Tickets as an option and there seems to be potential with that.

I also requested access to the Beta.  Thank you for that!  🙂