Workflow Task after Meeting

Highlighted
Top Contributor

I'm trying to create a Workflow that will automatically assign a task (or even better, prompt the owner of a Deal to update a property) after a meeting takes place.

For example, a rep has a meeting scheduled for 11:00 AM through the Meeting function. After 11:00 AM, I want a task/prompt to be created asking the rep to update the Outcome of this meeting.

I've been using the "Meeting Start Time" property, but I can't seem to get the details 100% right where once that start time has passed, the task kicks off.

Has anybody had success with something similar?

(Ideally, the Meeting function would do this on it's own where the user can log the meeting outcome just like a completed Call, but doesn't seem like the system is there yet).

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @MattF,

If you log a meeting you can add a follow up task while logging the meeting. 

If you want to use a workflow, meeting start time is a good option! 

@MikeLawson@alyssacarter@SalesIsScience@PatrickEng do you have any suggestions on workarounds for @MattF?

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
Let me ask how are you starting this workflow? Is it based on logging a meeting or scheduling one?
Top Contributor

It would be based on logging a meeting

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

If basing off a LOGGED meeting rather than a scheduled meeting, that makes it infinitely easier. But you are relying on humans to put in data. I have found it almost impossible to do this around scheduled meetings because you never know if the demo actually occurred. I had to create a pretty crazy workaround with custom fields and workflows to get this to work for us which relies on the reps to simply update the lead status. It was a bear to set up initially but works flawlessly now. 

Advisor

@kbjornaas Would you be willing to share the way this is structured. I'm trying to come up with a way to track meetings scheduled vs. Meetings held for various stages in the sales process. Any tips would be great. 

Thanks,

Adam

0 Upvotes