Reporting & Analytics

FBenda

Add data form google docs to property

SOLVE

Hi All, 

For context; we're an online platform that offers discounts to cultural outings like museums and theatre. 

One of the cultural partners want to distribute a single use code per online user. So when someone is interested in that activity, they will receive an e-mail from us with a unique discount code. Not all of our users will use this code.

Here's my problem; I can't figure out how to distribute these unique codes automated. 

I was thinking about creating a workflow that fills a custom property with the code once a form is submitted, and then an e-mail will be sent to the submitter with the discount code. 

But now I can't figure out how to fill the new custom property without too much handwork, I also don’t want to add a discount code to every user perse. (Just updating properties would be easier I know).

Is it possible to, for instance retrieve the discount code from a google docs? Or fill the property in any other way? 

Maybe someone has different insights on this, or ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CHawkins
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I am pretty sure you'd need the Zapier integration to work this like you want without having to do your own coding.

I was playing a little with it this morning, because I don't have these exact fields and spreadsheets configured it was a little tricky but here is the idea:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 8.35.47 AM.png

I would be happy to find some time to look at this with you but, I am actually out of the office next week so I wouldn't be able to meet until the week of 4/15. Here is my meeting link if you want to find 60-minutes that week.

Casey Hawkins
HubSpot Freelancer | Digital Marketing Consultant

Found my solution helpful? Mark it as accepted

Schedule Time With Me

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
FBenda

SOLVE

Thanks Casey, with your solution we figured it our in Zapier. Very thankfull for your help.

0 Upvotes
FBenda

SOLVE

Hi Casey, Thanks for helping me (us actually). We found a way in zapier based on what you suggested. Very thankfull! 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @FBenda, thank you for posting in our Community!

Since you mentioned Google Docs, you can use Google Sheets to store a list of unique discount codes. Each time a user requests a discount, your system can automatically fetch an unused code from the Google Sheets.

To our top experts, @TomM2, @CHawkins, and @DGarg do you have any recommendations for @FBenda?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
CHawkins
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Echoing @PamCotton - I think integrating HubSpot and Google Sheets would be the lowest-code solution.

Personally, I would probably add in Zapier to make the fetching of data a little easier, using a workflow trigger based on your needs to fetch a value from Google Sheets as Pam suggested.

Casey Hawkins

Schedule Time With Me

0 Upvotes
FBenda

SOLVE

Thank you both for your reply!

How would you recommend going about integrating HubSpot & Google Sheets? I'm pretty new to that one. 🙂

0 Upvotes
CHawkins
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I am pretty sure you'd need the Zapier integration to work this like you want without having to do your own coding.

I was playing a little with it this morning, because I don't have these exact fields and spreadsheets configured it was a little tricky but here is the idea:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 8.35.47 AM.png

I would be happy to find some time to look at this with you but, I am actually out of the office next week so I wouldn't be able to meet until the week of 4/15. Here is my meeting link if you want to find 60-minutes that week.

Casey Hawkins

Schedule Time With Me

0 Upvotes