Knowledge Base Tool

Saytekin

KB Article Image Size Problem & Clickable Images

SOLVE

When we upload or paste a large image to the KB editing screen, we encounter height and width problems, we need more space for our images because when the article is live on our page, these large images do not look good or readable for our customers.  I recorded the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odrHILcZSTc

+++

Can we make our images clickable for Zoom in and can we add them to a slideshow? Is it possible? If we can do this, most of our problems with the resolution of the images will be gone. 
image (3).png
This is the record. Please take a look. 

How can we fix it? 
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

@Saytekin  I saw your issue, and I want to help you out. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised too because it seems like a bug with the tool. But don't worry, I've got some screenshots and a solution for you. It's more of a workaround, really.

So, here's what happened to me: I uploaded an image to the Knowledge Base, just like you did. At first, it looked fine, but then the image got distorted when I saved it. Sound familiar?

Now, here's what I did to fix it: I previewed the distorted image in the public link of the Knowledge Base article. Next, I clicked "edit" again on the article. And guess what? The image proportions were magically fixed!

All I had to do then was save it again, and the published image looked great. I tested this process a few times to make sure it works as a workaround. Hopefully, HubSpot will fix this technical issue soon. Until then, give this solution a try and let me know if it helps you move forward. Good luck!

Screenshots of the whole workaround

mangelet_0-1698955680539.png

mangelet_1-1698955698793.png

mangelet_2-1698955728055.png

mangelet_3-1698955755875.png

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
mangelet
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

@Saytekin  I saw your issue, and I want to help you out. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised too because it seems like a bug with the tool. But don't worry, I've got some screenshots and a solution for you. It's more of a workaround, really.

So, here's what happened to me: I uploaded an image to the Knowledge Base, just like you did. At first, it looked fine, but then the image got distorted when I saved it. Sound familiar?

Now, here's what I did to fix it: I previewed the distorted image in the public link of the Knowledge Base article. Next, I clicked "edit" again on the article. And guess what? The image proportions were magically fixed!

All I had to do then was save it again, and the published image looked great. I tested this process a few times to make sure it works as a workaround. Hopefully, HubSpot will fix this technical issue soon. Until then, give this solution a try and let me know if it helps you move forward. Good luck!

Screenshots of the whole workaround

mangelet_0-1698955680539.png

mangelet_1-1698955698793.png

mangelet_2-1698955728055.png

mangelet_3-1698955755875.png

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.