HubSpot Ideas

DLeight

Workflows based on Task Due Date

Hi, it would be really amazing if we could trigger a workflow based on the due date of a task!!

In our case we have to call back many leads and mostly they do not close the deal immediatly but need further information or want to get a call to a specific time in the future. Often tasks get lost in the mean time. If we could set workflows based on the due date we could build a new task via the workflow and no lead would ever get lost!

3 Replies
xemesrobian

As an exmaple, I want to send an email to a contact 3 days prior to the due date of the task.   

In our case, we use tasks to identify a customer has a time limited product.  Three days prior to the expiry date, I want to advise them that the software will expire.  The only work around is to create a customer custom fields for task and due date.  But in our case, a contact can have many tasks and so this work around is not scalable.  Eact task can be associated with a company, opportunity or contact and each task is its own item.  Using Tasks, is more consistant 

ILim
HubSpot Employee

Yes this would be incredibly helpful!

小川千尋
Participant

When the deadline is reached, I would like to send a notification to the slack channel that the member is watching. It would be great if that could be done!