HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Lead Flow Call Out Customization

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 25 votes.

Add the ability to use custom HTML and CSS on Lead Flow call outs to match the call outs to our brand / site design.

HubSpot Updates
November 25, 2021 07:52 AM

@Wtraa I've some good news - we're currently building a brand new tool that will allow a lot more flexibility in terms of customising the design of your pop-ups. If you're inetersted in testing out the alpha version of the tool and gives us your feedback - please DM me. 

Best,

Dom

May 07, 2021 02:49 AM

Hey there, 

Posting on behalf of a customer: 

Ideally, what we'd like would the ability to skip the callout section of the form OR have the option to add a form field such as email. A common example would be let's say you visit a shopping site for the first time, the pop-up occurs offering you a 10% off as a first-time shopper and you add in the email right away. The concept would be similar in this case and this is the end goal for us. 

This is super beneficial because it simplifies and/or provides flexibility to the current process that we have which is a two-step process to a one-step process. 

April 19, 2021 07:08 AM

Thanks Samantha, I just sent you a DM

Being Reviewed
April 19, 2021 05:49 AM

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm Dom and I’m a Product Manager at HubSpot. Myself and the team are looking at this at the moment and we’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases and generally finding out how you are currently using pop-ups, what’s working for you and what’s not working, what functionality you would like to see added in the future. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

43 Replies
estherdewinter

I was trying to create a Lead Flow without a call out.

Currently the standard Lead Flow layout is not editable, Lead Flows must contain a call out and a form.

This is not editable and the Lead Flows must contain these elements.

However, I think in some intances it might be useful to create a Lead Flow without call out, and directly start of with the form (its one click less!). 

Best, Esther

Arun_Thangavelu
Participant

Yes, I definitely agree. Callouts will help if we promote an ebook because we will use banner images. But some instances, we just want to show them the callout message and form in the same screen. This is one click less which will increase conversion rate. I've even seen this in HubSpot too. It would be great if this idea gets implemented.

daveis

+1. I would love to ditch OptinMonster and just use Lead Flows, but right now HubSpot is not even close to matching the features and customization ability of OptinMonster. Please catch up!

Charong

Would love to have more design flexibility with the Lead Flows Signups. We're having trouble with the image looking decent on the first form but then looking not so good on the next "Callout" form. There should be a way to edit the images on all the forms. Additionally, our uploaded image stretches strangely depending on the lines of text on the forms. We don't have any control over the image size, which is not good.  

Jetico

Agree, we'd love to have more design flexibility!

Rikke

A single question when we are talking flexibility in Lead Flow Design.  Is it possible to make a text field beneath the Form Field? Meaning that you can add e.g. a disclaimer/GDPR-info in the bottom? 

andreasmb
Contributor

I would love the ability to remove Hubspot's default HTML/CSS and be able to use our own – the lead flow feature is easy for our marketers to set up and administer, but unfortunately, they don't fit with our brand/style, so we can't really use them.

The important part of this, in my mind, is that I should not be forced to load all that extra Hubspot CSS. This is bad for performance, but also for overall code cleanliness – a lot of the Hubspot CSS is redundant and uses lots of "!important" declarations (which is like nails on chalkboard for most front-end developers).

anabarbaracorvo

We need this at Hubspot!

We used to use Gleam and would like the same kid of features and possibilities when creating lead flows. Thank you!

MattWheeler

I want the experience fill out out a lead flow pop out form to be great. Currently it is really jump and really really bad on mobile. This should be a flawless experience so the pop out forms collect as much contact info as possible! 

RJH147
Participant

This must happen! The pop-up is great but the lack of design options is really an oversight.

mlgzs
Participant

Yes! Need the ability to edit the pop up more.

Alley-Samantha
Participant

This would be a very especially for font type and image size. The image is so small it is really pointless. It would help to have an image that should be a flyer size to effectively show a message.

bkveen

Yes,  Please add the ability to add custom CSS.  This would make the tool so much more usable and add seamless brand integration. 

Nipun_Ansal
Contributor

Really something you expect automatically out of a marketing platform such as HubSpot. 

Must have customizable Lead Flows and Forms too - the current ones are too basic.

Not worth paying for OptinMonster after being on the HubSpot platform.

Product team, kindly resolve this soon!

jamiewalden

I really wanted the ability for custom slide-ins as well. Here's a workaround for anyone who is interested: https://web.archive.org/web/20140410164853/https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-add-a-slide-in-...

This solution allows you to create a slide in with a CTA (I use a custom image) that you can then link to a landing page and bypass the form requirement. 

Hopefully, Hubspot will provide the ability for more robust/customizable lead flows soon as they are super basic right now. 

Hope this helps!

andriig
Participant

is it possible to customize some design elements somewhere in backend? Basically, i want to move drop down banner to bottom - currently it's displayed at top.

dahrchan
Participant

I can't believe this isn't a feature. Does Hubspot expect their design to be automatically compatible with the style and theme everyone else's sites? This is super frustrating.

bodyhelix

I agree that customization of lead forms would be HUGE for functionality within Hubspot.  I have been contacted by two third party vendors over the last few days who want me to sign up for their products: Sumo and Wishpond.  Both of these tools are all about Lead flow generators.  They offer custom functionality like design options on the popup and A/B testing, which would be great to have in Hubspot.  I don't want to purchase these outside tools when I could have it all in one place on Hubspot.  Please consider this functionality as a near future update 🙂  

skemble
Participant

I'd very much like to see this introduced.

folked
Top Contributor

We need more design options than editing the "Theme color". We need to edit the font, the button design, and the background color to stick to our CI guidelines.