HubSpot Ideas

elizabee

Filtering in Conversation Inbox

I would like more rich filter options in the conversation inbox. Currently, only very simplistic filtering options are available and you cannot save your filters. 

I would like to use filters for analytics and to make sure that our processes are working. An example of a use case is creating a filter of any conversations that don't have tickets associated with them or one of conversations that have 0 replies.

Adding the same type of filter system that is available in the ticket view would be awesome.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
March 04, 2021 07:09 AM

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your patience here. We are looking to recruit customers for a private beta to help us get initial feedback on the new search, filter, and sort experience. If you are interested in participating, please sign up here - https://forms.gle/8bygLtZJVVrMgLDF7

In Planning
January 06, 2021 06:34 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. I am the Product Manager on the Conversations Inbox team. This is a big focus area for us in 2021 and you will see improvements - both in terms of the user experience and additional functionality - start to rollout in the next couple of months. 

I will keep this thread updated when we have this in beta and would love your feedback. 

Thank you, 

Vijay Vadlamani

38 Replies
Abeeda
Participant

My product runs on 2 platforms Slack & Teams. I want that my inbound volume gets filtered by these 2 so I can get to see what is the query contribution of each platforms. Its like setting up rules on emails so it they drop in a particular folder 

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

Abeeda
Participant

Adding filters of "assigned" & "unassigned" Conversations so instead of going through the tickets one by one I can filter the view and assign the unassigned ones in one go

jgerlach

Filtering by channel is an absolute mandatory function to be able to use the inbox tool effectively with multiple channels associated. 

jmbray
Participant

+1 for this feature to filter options in the conversation inbox and specifically the ability to not create tickets in certain circumstances (e.g. email subject contains "XYZ") or from certain sender email addresses when there's no specific action required (like a receipt is sent) but we'd still like the record to be queryable in the inbox. 

ReneeWoolcott
Participant

We would also love the ability to assign priority to certain companies / contacts so that when they come into the inbox we can measure their service metrics seperately to the others, and highlight their messages for quicker attention.

OlgaPat

+1 for allowing to build in rules to conversations received. Being able to filter the conversations and trigger certain actions based on those rules would be very useful. Ex. if an email comes from an internal email address, close it or assign it to a specific agent. 

KiG

It should also be a filter to be able to see content across all inboxes at once. This is possible in ticket system and indeed should be possible in the conversion inbox as well.

BOjo6

I honestly would love to use Hubspot for this, but can't until this feature is added. 

Another upvote 

SPokrywa
Participant

As a new user was hoping Hubspot had similar functionallity to Outlook where you could sort, assign, filter and create rules based on subject line, email address, etc. Please add this ASAP to help unclog our support inbox. 

The experience for our team going from a clean inbox with rules and filters to a flat inbox has been a bit painful. 

RKirk

Only being able to mark conversation status as opened or closed is very limiting. It would be useful to be able to add/customize statuses (on hold, awaiting reply) and colour code. 

GCraig
Participant

Yes please. I currently have 2 different hello @ inboxes set up and connected with HubSpot for 2 seperate divisions of my business. It'd be great to be able to filter these out into their own inbox, so I can get a really easy view of the emails coming into each.

PvanZandwijk0
Member | Elite Partner

Any news on this being implemented? We're already using the 'ticket name' filter to filter out tickets that are automatically created from conversations, but we also need to be able to filter out conversations the same way using the subject line, otherwise the reports of conversations and tickets will have a huge mismatch in numbers. 

SHo11

+1 to filter by ticket ID

K_Xavier
Participant

@vvadlamani, any news on improving the inbox functionalities? 

* better filtering options

* create rules such as "if the email is from example@xx.com send to fold Y, or auto-close conversation"

* Create subfolders to manage emails more efficiently 

I look forward to a reply. Thanks 

KalS11

Absolutely must stress how important it is for the user experience to be able to filter the conversations inbox. 

I'm finding that really simple things are just not available via HubSpot and the Support Team can't seem to explain why that is the case neither. 

Both answered and unanswered emails are all mixed together and no way to filter them. 
There isn't a way to filter where emails are coming from so that you can priority them.
There isn't a way to create subfolders.
There isn't a way to create rules.

Even the option to tag conversations are non existent and you have to add ticket category several places to achieve a similar result. 

Also this thread was set up in March 2020 so its been 3 years? 
Would appreciate a reply. 

CGIRAUX

D'accord avec @KalS11, il faut une réponse quand à la planification de cette idée qui date de 2020 ? 

Improver
Participant

+1 for this feature.

We would love to be able to filter based on the sender email address.

OR even better, be able to close a conversation based on a specific Shared Inbox workflow.

i.e. I would like to create a workflow to close a conversation in the shared inbox (success@) when a reply from hello@ is received.