HubSpot Ideas

Sossy

File Uploads as Attachments

We have recently added the file upload option to a Lead Capture form, but this is buried in the contact properties and is not exactly user friendly to access, especially on mobile.

Is it possible to have this file automatically show as an attachment to the Contact Record?

Cheers

Barry

38 Replies
tekbrands
Participant

When a form is submitted and an email is sent out, the email will just contain a link to download the file. I would like HubSpot to add an option so the file is an attachment to the email. 

brittany1

I am having the same issue, I created an upload link. And to access the documents uploaded, I have to comb through the emails. Id like to have it go right into attachments or a folder or something right in the contact!!

Glynnis

Hey team! This would be a really great update, as I've seen users struggle with having to look through different form submissions on the contact record. Automatically having those files attached to the right sidebar would be super helpful!

Lmz23

This would be incredibly helpful since we do our hiring in-house we have applicants submit resumes via a form. If it could then save as an attachment to the sidebar it would make reviewing applications so much faster!

Thanks!

lildobber13
Participant

Absolutely a great idea, having attachments in the webforms save as attachments, would be critical for our processes. We receive nearly 100+ leads each day with candidates that upload vital information, so even though the process isn't challenging, it would make it far easier and save moments that would compound over time.

Is highly needed!

MStrong007
Participant

This is an extremely useful, crucial feature! Otherwise the files are pretty much useless! 

JCausseaux9

I would like to be able to use forms to collect files and attach them to any record (Contact, Company, or even Deals/Tickets). There are so many use cases for submitting files, but the way to access them is so cumbersome and takes up too much of the record view when it could be a small file tile under the attachments section of the view. 

DavidKimbriel
Participant

Agree that this feature is not very useful without this.

HElboukhari

Same situation here, we wanted to include the uploaded Applicant Resume from a Job Application from to the attachments section. It would be useful if they come to provide this feature in the near future.

challismarketin

This would be very helpful. Either make it compatible with the form field, or automatically add them as Attachments when a file is uploaded.

HM3112

I would also really appreciate this being made a function. Seems ridiculous that we can add file uploads as a form field option but then can't easily view the attchement on the contact. Please make it so that they appear as attachments on the Contact.

janhein
Member | Elite Partner

Need this one 🙂

SFagan34
Participant

This capability would be extremely useful in a wide variety of cases. Please develop this feature to automatically save them as Attachments when a form is completed. Today they get buried in the activity feed quickly and this would allow for easy identification if a contact has submitted a given form(s) and access. 

RAndrews3

Added my upvote.  Please consider taking this up.

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

Would also love to see the "file upload" field type on forms connected to HubSpot attachments on the backend. One of my clients is looking to receive portfolio work specific to open deals through a form, but since it comes through as a link on the HS side in the field rather than under the attachments section, it's pretty cumbersome to download them and then redo it as an attachment on the record. This isn't user friendly. Would love to see a way to merge/connect the two and make attachments more organized/searchable. 

LindseyMaybelle
Participant

This would be very helpful to gather file uploads into one place.

TMorris9

Upvote - This would be very helpful 

ralphr

There are several candidates who apply for a job, and a form with options to upload their resumes would be greatly appreciated.

Royston

Upvote. Much needed fuctionality.